British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 02/04/2022 Championship

LEICESTER: Nick Morris, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Dan Thompson, Richie Worrall, Anders Rowe, Joe Thompson.

SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Simon Lambert, Jordan Palin, Tero Aarnio, Jake Allen, Ryan Kinsley, Zaine Kennedy.

I'm surprised this hasn't been called off already, it's forecast to be wet tomorrow, it's forecast to be cold tomorrow evening and there's Football on the telly... all reasons used to cancel in the past.

• Haha 1

Just checked. Met Office saying 50% of rain between 1-2pm. Little chance of rain the rest of the day. Possibly a little early. If it was to rain between 3-4pm The Gaffer can have his feet up in the "Beaumont Leys Hilton" as nature has done his job . It's not forecast to freeze until well after the scheduled finish.  But possibly a night for the bobble hat.

29 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Are the Bates Man United fans do you think?

I wonder how many of our lads have been out to practice on other tracks. I know Ryan has been to Leicester & I would have thought, having 2 ex Leicester riders in our side, we could have benefitted from a private practice session. A mistake seen on videos & reading on updates is that home riders capitalize on away riders mistakes(not just at Leicester but Edinburgh also) is that riders attack the apex of bends 1 & 3, locking up chopping their speed or drifting wide out of bends 2 & 4. It seems, by watching home riders, is to open out the bends riding a few metres away from the inner kerb keeping better control & speed. It also seems that diving up the inside out of bend 2 & keeping it tight to the rear wheel in bends 3 & 4 going round the outside are prime overtaking areas.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I wonder how many of our lads have been out to practice on other tracks. I know Ryan has been to Leicester & I would have thought, having 2 ex Leicester riders in our side, we could have benefitted from a private practice session. A mistake seen on videos & reading on updates is that home riders capitalize on away riders mistakes(not just at Leicester but Edinburgh also) is that riders attack the apex of bends 1 & 3, locking up chopping their speed or drifting wide out of bends 2 & 4. It seems, by watching home riders, is to open out the bends riding a few metres away from the inner kerb keeping better control & speed. It also seems that diving up the inside out of bend 2 & keeping it tight to the rear wheel in bends 3 & 4 going round the outside are prime overtaking areas.

It sounds like you could have been World Champion :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Pity your team never read your post :t:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Yes I knew Scunny would lose this but the final score line is a total embarrassment, Ryan Douglas v the rest, even at this early stage Jake Allen is a worry.

Early days but that does look like a dodgy Scunny Team.Jake and Tero will have to get the finger out or it will be long season.