British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

Woooooohoooo! Great comeback win! Lawson unbeaten and real class.  Gilkes was a star. Downside is he won’t be at reserve for long riding like that. Good entertaining meeting due to close score. Stream was excellent. Well done to all.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Do you mean the 'useless' Cook?!

He was 50 metres down on Palm Toft and when the camera returned he was 50 metres ahead. Palm Toft get into difficulties? 

OK just watched heat 14 back and Cook went right around the inside of bends 3 and 4 and roared away. The commentators didn’t notice for a lap!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stream working well though a tad dark. But no buffering. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1x058x888ur9ar/Photo 05-04-2022%2C 18 57 27.jpg?dl=0

I got one 20 secs bit of buffering when they were interviewing Garry May at the start, but prob my phone the problem rather than them!! 

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Barker charged under Lawson and fenced him!

I'd hardly say he fenced him, if the shoe were on the other foot I'd fancy Lawson would do the same. It's racing! Looked the right decision albeit I didn't see a replay to see if actual contact was made but fencing him it really wasn't.

As far as the stream went I thought it was really good, I'd say the commentators were really enthusiastic but perhaps a bit too one sided (and I'm a Plymouth fan). Either way I was really pleased with the production as a whole and will definitely use it again (not tomorrow though as Poole will thump us).

I continue to despair at the track prep though, why oh why Plymouth continue to make the track so slick when firstly we seldom out-gate other teams and secondly it means racing is generally done by bend 2. You can see the track is so much smoother these days which is brilliant to see but seriously put some dirt on it and let them actually pass each other.

Dan Gilkes though, what a hero! Looks a hell of a signing!

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn't think it was that bad! Bit hard to tell on the camera angle. 

The point is Barker was out of control (Not for the first time) on one wheel and he lost it inside of Lawson taking him down.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1