British Speedway Forum

BERWICK v BIRMINGHAM (Championship) April 2nd 7pm

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

Just shows how having even one rider scoring (or in this case not) poorly can impact a side....replace Auty with a proper heatleader and Birmingham should be ok.....rest of the side is alright 

Yeah been my opinion all pre-season. He's 5 pointer with a 7.5 average inflated due to his previous home average

4 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Vissing isn’t a number one rider 

another poor show from shanes and auty. How long will it take for them pair to end up at reserve if they  to stay for the season. #Hope not. Roll on Wednesday lol

Vissing had a 8+ average with Glasgow, which suggests to me that he could be aNo1 in quite a few Teams.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Vissing had a 8+ average with Glasgow, which suggests to me that he could be aNo1 in quite a few Teams.

The only caveat I'd throw in is that average was obtained riding at 3/4 in 2019 as cookie and rasser rode majority of season at 1 and 5. Different ballgame at no. 1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The only caveat I'd throw in is that average was obtained riding at 3/4 in 2019 as cookie and rasser rode majority of season at 1 and 5. Different ballgame at no. 1

To me if you can average 8+ in the Top 5 your a decent rider and could be a number 1.Ellis is British Champ think most people would like to think he IS a No1,but he is not.He is just riding in the league for some easy money to subsidise his earnings.IMO.Scunny fans were far from pleased with him last season,probably for the same reason.

Just now, Fromafar said:

To me if you can average 8+ in the Top 5 your a decent rider and could be a number 1.Ellis is British Champ think most people would like to think he IS a No1,but he is not.He is just riding in the league for some easy money to subsidise his earnings.IMO.Scunny fans were far from pleased with him last season,probably for the same reason.

Yeah 100% agree on Ellis, proof of that was heat gated on a 5-1 didn't want to mix it. All I'm saying is he didn't ride 13 or most 15s which might have inflated average slightly.

Claus will come good and be 7.5/ 8 rider once gets dialled in again

• Like 1

Stream was good, overall. Need to work on the camerawork a little, and a bit more attention to who’s riding, but the main change I’d like to see is bigger text on the graphics, particularly on the team presentation. Eurosport had the same issue last season. It looks good but it’s too small for a lot of people on a TV at a distance. But a good base package if they can make those improvements.

3 hours ago, bruno said:

Why pick this one if there's a fair on the car park apparently causing problems

To be fair I understand until posters were up early week no one knew on fairground 

Stadium ground is owned by local authority and I doubt they even tell the 2 clubs who use stadium 

8 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Just for good measure - Paul Bowen did nothing for me!

Was that who it was asking the questions, im sure he mentioned to Ellis when talking to him summit about winning the British Grand Prix, think he ment the British Final;)