British Speedway Forum

Cardiff-whose stopping where?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family are staying at the Marriot hotel in Cardiff , costing us a bomb though so it better be a good hotel  :lol:

I'm sure there will be a few there chuffed to little mint balls when you lot come in drunk :lol:

Shazzy , what makes you think I'll come in drunk :shock::wink: I will probs end up in the street after forgetting where I am staying :wink:

I just booked a nice little B&B called the Hilton, I just hope the morning fry up is alright. ;)

Ditto

Better get 2 sausages for the price I've just paid, LOL :D:D

update - it transpires that we'll be stopping in the car after all, just with the car keys safely tucked away in a lock-up somewheres. it's not as daft as it sounds, because there'll be people in the car at all times to lock and unlock the doors from the inside.

Serious question - if you sleep in your car and you've had a few beers, how does the law see it?

Not if I see you first you won't. :o

I believe his alter ego is usually near you Gem :P:wink:

Kevin strictly speaking in England and Wales you can be charged with drink driving just for ahving access to the keys of the vehicle you are kipping in.

I've always wondered (being a bit awkward!) if that means people on holiday in camper vans can be charged :blink:

I've always wondered (being a bit awkward!) if that means people on holiday in camper vans can be charged.

Depends if you're on a camp site or not - they can't damn well touch you

on there. :D

If you are in a car park or lay-by I should think the same rules apply as for a car - no-one inside should have access to the keys if they have been drinking.

Edited by Gemini

Rest assured my friends, come the day of the Cardiff GP I will be moving amongst you.......I may even be sitting next to you.......be afraid, be very afraid.....

Quaking in my boots, there's no way you'll be or want to be sat next to me :lol::wink:

Serious question - if you sleep in your car and you've had a few beers, how does the law see it?

kevin, if you've had a few beers and you sleep in your car in posession of your car keys you can be arrested for drink driving because technically you're able to control the car.

this is why we're being forced to put the car keys in a locker overnight, so then if the police do wake us up and do some tests etc we wont have the keys therefore we won't be in control of the car.

word from my mate's dad is that they're going to be quite hot on this sort of 'drink driving' this year so i wouldn't take any risks. if you're going with somebody get them to stay in the car while you put the keys somewhere safe.

SO we're 3(?) weeks away now, anyone got ny arrangements? What time we meeting? Where are we meeting? If we're not meeting until late(ish) (1pm onward) I can go to work in the morning, if not I'll have to arnage to work some other day.

The Prince of Wales at the bottom of the stairs again?

My mums driving us there and back, thats the easiest way, though not nessercarilly safest. Oh and at about 6 we're driving back home to watch the meeting on Sky, should save us a fair bit of money! :)

Edited by SCB