British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague play- off Final 2nd leg Sunday 25th September Live on TV

Woffy and Majic...

13 rides..

13 points...

A combined 4 point average...

Not good enough that is it? 

Wroclaw maybe needing a shake up for next year? 

Too comfortable possibly after winning the title last year after years of missing out? 

Edited by mikebv

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Woffy and Majic...

13 rides..

13 points...

Not good enough that is it? 

Wroclaw maybe needing a shake up for next year? 

Too comfortable possibly after winning the title last year after years of missing out? 

Laguta is a massive miss and puts extra pressure on the others, but it's not stopped Lublin. Kawolski has been a good find for Wroclaw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shockster said:

They're only legends in Poland as long as they're winning.  Woofy has had a poor season and last year although had an injury was below par.  Question is who would

replace him?

Dan if he is no longer eligible to be an eight.. (?)

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

No doubt over the two legs that the Lions have wanted it much more..

Those 50/50 moments have all landed their way through hard riding and not backing off the throttle...

If Laguta comes back next year it would be interesting who goes..

I presume they would keep Dan in the main team, and would need four Poles so would Woffy have to go...? 

Or could Dan do another year as an eight? 

Incredibly close for the lucky loser...

Lublin can decide who goes through..

It was never close, thanks to the format, with only Torun winning at home last week.

Every race counts? Maybe next year.

Come on the Torun Losers.

Edited by topsoil

11 minutes ago, topsoil said:

It was never close, thanks to the format, with only Torun winning at home last week.

Definitely missed a trick.. 

But. You never know..

The Poles will no doubt evaluate the pros and cons and decide whether to continue with the format, or possibly anend it..

What they wont do is continue ad Infinitum with an operating model that hemorrhages fans year on year, fails to attract major sponsors, and ensures hardly any media coverage is forthcoming...

Unlike some...:D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, topsoil said:

What was close however who would finish in position 1 to face the lucky loser. Yes Lublin had a 6 point lead going into the meeting but got fairly close at one stage whether Czestochowa would go above them( 4 race points in the end).

Also meant the number 1 if they get to the final have the 2nd leg at home.

Edited by racers and royals

Last chance saloon for Częstochowa to win the league with this team as Swidnicki & Miskowiak will be too old to be at reserve next year I believe, whereas I saw somewhere that Zmarzlik is on his way to Lublin for the 2023 season, presumably in place of Hampel.  G Laguta has ben missed by Lublin allot lass than his brother has been missed be Wroclaw.  Torun have also been missing Sayfutdinov for the season and you'd have to think he'd have been their #1.

Wroclaw do need a refresh.   But so do Leszno.  And Gorzow need to replace Zmarzlik.  And to have any chance of staying up Grudziądzu need to strengthen.  If FZG do get promoted you'd think Torun would need to replace Dudek as he'd be n his way back there.  Could be allot more movement of riders than usual in Ekstraliga next year.  Doubt the situation with Russia will be known any time soon, if it is still the same surely they can't allow RR for another season.

Friday September 2nd Extraleague semi’s 1st leg 

Gorzow v Czestochowa start time 5pm UK time Eleven Sport 1

Torun v Lublin start time 7.30pm UK time Canal + Sport 5

Sunday September 4th Extraleague Semi’s 2nd leg

Lublin v Torun start time 4pm UK time Eleven Sport 2

Czestochowa v Gorzow start time 6.30pm UK time Canal + Sport 5

• Like 1

Friday`s matches line-ups

Gorzow v Czestochowa

Gorzow

9 Wozniak

10 P Hansen

11 Vaculik

12 Thomsen- RR(ZZ)

13 Zmarzlik

14 Paluch

15 Bartkowiak

Czestochowa

1 Madsen

2 Smektala

3 Woryna

4 Jeppesen

5 Lindgren

6 Miskowiak

7 Swidnicki

Torun v Lublin

Torun

9 Dudek

10 J Holder

11 Przedpelski

12 RR(ZZ)

13 Lambert

14 Affelt

15 Lewandowski

Lublin

1 Michelsen

2 Drabik

3 Hampel

4 bowes

5 RR(ZZ)

6 Cierniak

7 Lampart

8 ( Kubera)

On 8/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, topsoil said:

Ha they had a good NL set up then took the huff. The standard of the NL has gone up in the last two years and IOW are left with grasstrack bikes, flattracks and the odd NL rider who cant  get a team place. Is that really entertainment? Thats why they have to rely on gimmicks.

Teams in tourist areas - such as Isle of Wight - attract two kinds of paying spectators. Firstly, there is the holiday maker who is down for a couple of weeks and doesn't care that much what they see providing it is good value for money. Secondly, there is the (reasonably) local fan who usually wants to see a competitive team in a competitive league, in the same way that someone following any sport would. 

When Isle of Wight dropped out of the NDL, the former became more important than the latter. To me, that means that they have to offer a slightly different format to the usual league meetings but that doesn't mean for one second that it won't be entertaining, and just  because you don't like it doesn't mean it won't work. Certainly based upon the attendances that Isle of Wight have attracted over the last two seasons it has actually been more successful than running NDL meetings alone. 

Isle of Wight were against the 2021points reduction which was imposed on the NDL without the constituent clubs having any say in the matter. That's because had they been allowed to vote - as they undoubtedly should - the low points limit would have been rejected. While the standard of NDL racing has improved this season, that cannot be said about 2021, and it says everything that the points limit for 2022 has gone right back up again (which suggests that 2021 was a mistake). 

For me, the NDL are missing Isle of Wight more than the Isle of Wight are missing the NDL. They were - and remain - by far and away the most customer focussed promotion in British Speedway and while I thoroughly supported Barry Bishop's decision to pull out of British Speedway I regard as a nothing less than a tragedy that through sheer stupidity and selfishness they were forced to do so. 

9 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Teams in tourist areas - such as Isle of Wight - attract two kinds of paying spectators. Firstly, there is the holiday maker who is down for a couple of weeks and doesn't care that much what they see providing it is good value for money. Secondly, there is the (reasonably) local fan who usually wants to see a competitive team in a competitive league, in the same way that someone following any sport would. 

When Isle of Wight dropped out of the NDL, the former became more important than the latter. To me, that means that they have to offer a slightly different format to the usual league meetings but that doesn't mean for one second that it won't be entertaining, and just  because you don't like it doesn't mean it won't work. Certainly based upon the attendances that Isle of Wight have attracted over the last two seasons it has actually been more successful than running NDL meetings alone. 

Isle of Wight were against the 2021points reduction which was imposed on the NDL without the constituent clubs having any say in the matter. That's because had they been allowed to vote - as they undoubtedly should - the low points limit would have been rejected. While the standard of NDL racing has improved this season, that cannot be said about 2021, and it says everything that the points limit for 2022 has gone right back up again (which suggests that 2021 was a mistake). 

For me, the NDL are missing Isle of Wight more than the Isle of Wight are missing the NDL. They were - and remain - by far and away the most customer focussed promotion in British Speedway and while I thoroughly supported Barry Bishop's decision to pull out of British Speedway I regard as a nothing less than a tragedy that through sheer stupidity and selfishness they were forced to do so. 

Can't agree with that. The standard was good last year and even better this year.

I've seen a lot of good racing this year with the top riders in the league, Joe and Dan Thompson, Kyle Bickley, Jordan Jenkins, Jason Edwards, Nathan Ablitt.

Some very talented youngsters coming through as well, Max Perry, Ace Pijper, Jody Scott.

Every chance Workington and maybe Eastbourne joining the league next year.

Doesn't seem to me the NDL is missing Isle of Wight to be honest.