British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague play- off Final 2nd leg Sunday 25th September Live on TV

8 hours ago, topsoil said:

Can't agree with that. The standard was good last year and even better this year.

I've seen a lot of good racing this year with the top riders in the league, Joe and Dan Thompson, Kyle Bickley, Jordan Jenkins, Jason Edwards, Nathan Ablitt.

Some very talented youngsters coming through as well, Max Perry, Ace Pijper, Jody Scott.

Every chance Workington and maybe Eastbourne joining the league next year.

Doesn't seem to me the NDL is missing Isle of Wight to be honest.

The loss of any club from the NDL is to be deeply regretted (as indeed it would be in either of the upper leagues). Worse still is that that club is still operating (and doing very nicely indeed) and worse than that is that it is, as I said before, by far and way the most customer focussed and innovative of them all. 

As an example, the latest BSPL announcement is a ladies championship. Isle of Wight did it this year. In past seasons, they have pioneered free entry for children, a meeting where all riders used the same engine and discounts for members of the services.  As someone who has been to every track in British Speedway in the last 5 seasons, no one else comes even close. 

Workington will be in the NDL. Eastbourne,  I am informed, are more likely to be in the Championship. It seems you -rightly - welcome other clubs into the NDL but don't really care that Isle of Wight were lost. 

Simple truth is - and I doubt if anyone would deny this - that the NDL would be better with the Warriors in it. Whether the Warriors would be better off in the NDL is very much a moot point.

5 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The loss of any club from the NDL is to be deeply regretted (as indeed it would be in either of the upper leagues). Worse still is that that club is still operating (and doing very nicely indeed) and worse than that is that it is, as I said before, by far and way the most customer focussed and innovative of them all. 

As an example, the latest BSPL announcement is a ladies championship. Isle of Wight did it this year. In past seasons, they have pioneered free entry for children, a meeting where all riders used the same engine and discounts for members of the services.  As someone who has been to every track in British Speedway in the last 5 seasons, no one else comes even close. 

Workington will be in the NDL. Eastbourne,  I am informed, are more likely to be in the Championship. It seems you -rightly - welcome other clubs into the NDL but don't really care that Isle of Wight were lost

Simple truth is - and I doubt if anyone would deny this - that the NDL would be better with the Warriors in it. Whether the Warriors would be better off in the NDL is very much a moot point.

I agree I don't want to see any track close, I certainly wouldn't want it to happen to mine.

I am glad the club is still operating, but I find the attractions they are offering, flat track racing, grass track bikes on shale, upright bikes, just not attractive to me.

I know my track Berwick offer free entry to children every week and certainly get a lot taking up that offer. In the past they have offered free admission to service men and women on occasions as well. 

I suppose I "don't care" that the Isle of Wight were lost to the NDL, because they chose the path they are going down and the NDL is doing very well without them. If they wanted to come back in, then fine, I wouldn't be against it.

I find it hard to argue that Isle of Wight are taking the sport forward when they seem to be relying on alternative racing and getting old riders from the 70s back to ride upright machines. To me it's not speedway, just a form of entertainment. If I was on holiday and saw that, I certainly wouldn't get me looking to find a local track when I returned home.

Sunday’s matches line- ups

Lublin v Torun

Lublin

9 Hampel

10 Bowes

11 Drabik

12 RR(ZZ)

13 Michelsen

14 Cierniak

15 Lampart

16 (Kubera)

Torun

1 Dudek

2 J Holder

3 Przedpelski

4 RR(ZZ)

5 Lambert

6 Lewandowski

7 Affelt

Czestochowa v Gorzow

Czesrochowa

9 Madsen

10 Smektala

11 Woryna

12 Jepessen

13 Lindgren

14 Swidnicki

15 Miskowiak

Gorzow

1 Wozniak

2 P Hansen

3 Zmarzlik

4 Thomsen- RR(ZZ)

5 Vaculik

6 Paluch

7 Bartkowiak

Edited by racers and royals

7 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Woryna maximum last Sunday and starts today with 2 duck eggs. :rolleyes:

He’s better than his. Expecting him to improve.

What surprises me is size of crowd. Poor with loads of empty seats. Polish fans deserting the sport or hate the format this season?

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s better than his. Expecting him to improve.

What surprises me is size of crowd. Poor with loads of empty seats. Polish fans deserting the sport or hate the format this season?

The crowd is poor. Doubt it's the format?  I can't offer an explanation.