British Speedway Forum

Championship Streaming Channel

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

The Swedish and Danish matches are available on TV in their respective countries. All the Swedish matches are actually filmed for ESS (Thier own version of BSN).

FanSeat take a feed from these broadcasts, they do not create the broadcast.

I fully know about Sweden- Spring media and the clubs are a partnership. As for Denmark previously TV 2 sport only showed a handful of matches- the rest that were available to watch( not all) were from the clubs themselves.

15 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Plus you'll have access to the previous 20 matches from earlier in the season as they say they'll stay available all year on demand.

I actually did ask them about this and whether they'd be available during the winter with a "season" pass... the reply was "The season pass will run until 31st October". Which of course means that you may miss the Play Off Finals :D

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure Fanseat is excellent value for those who want to watch Swedish, Danish and French speedway.

Not for me Jeff.

Exactly!

Why does this type of thread always sidetrack comparing the value to what is available for foreign speedway. Many who would subscribe to the new BSN service wouldn't care less about Foreign speedway. There is generally no affliation for people to follow a team abroad and most of the time it's foreign commentary. Not for me either.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Roll up roll up

Sign up to our brand new TV channel. The first live event is from Berwick who face Birmingham, who haven't actually got a team yet but we're sure they will have and it definitely won't be a massive home win.

Whilst these are the type of fixtures you'd expect to feature with limited travelling support you might have thought that the first fixture might have been more prestigious and certainly selected based on the potential to result in a close result. If you don't know one of the teams line up how can you possibly make that judgement? What if Birmingham complete their team with a couple of reserves? Hardly an inspiring choice for the first fixture.

Hopefully Birmingham pull together an attractive team and it's a great match but why pick it when there's a chance it could be a whitewash?

15 hours ago, enotian said:

Hopefully Birmingham pull together an attractive team and it's a great match but why pick it when there's a chance it could be a whitewash?

Probably true, but a bit harsh, on that thinking you could say why even run the match. But it's sport and anything could happen, that's why we watch it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Probably true, but a bit harsh, on that thinking you could say why even run the match. But it's sport and anything could happen, that's why we watch it. 

The context is that a new product is being launched.  Which could provide some much needed additional income for the promoters.

If you were opening a new shop you'd make sure your best products are on display to make more sales and get repeat business.

I'd imagine a few people will be interested in seeing what the standard of the stream and broadcast is before forking out £109 for the season pass. So if that first match is poor (i.e. a non contest) you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth spending £109 if those are the type of fixtures being offered. Why risk that scenario when you've no idea what sort of team Birmingham will field. It's like putting tins without labels on them on display.

I agree jeopardy is one of the essential ingredients of sport but I would say that's why so few watch speedway. Home track advantage and mismatched teams means anything can happen but rarely does. Yes there's the odd surprise heat win but in general the results are predictable when one team is clearly stronger than another.

My hope is that income from streaming changes the culture within the sport. If you're less reliant on home support for income and it's the standard of the product (excitement, skill, jeopardy) which attracts a larger audience then the on track product improves.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iainb said:

You can only presume those who have picked this as the first meeting must know broadly what Birmingham's team will look like?

Who just said at the back "They should tell Birmingham what it is then!" :D

I am sure they will have tried to pick a meeting that won't contain too many juniors or guests, first up...

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly for some clubs the opportunity to be featured later in the season might be reduced somewhat!!;)

somewhat patronising as usual skids,what your saying is "my team will be in the play-offs but yours wont"nah nah n na na,my teams sponsors are bigger than your teams and my dad was bigger than yours cause he was from poole

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

somewhat patronising as usual skids,what your saying is "my team will be in the play-offs but yours wont"nah nah n na na,my teams sponsors are bigger than your teams and my dad was bigger than yours cause he was from poole

The winking emoji usually means 'I'm kidding'!  But each to their own

On 3/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, enotian said:

The context is that a new product is being launched.  Which could provide some much needed additional income for the promoters.

If you were opening a new shop you'd make sure your best products are on display to make more sales and get repeat business.

I'd imagine a few people will be interested in seeing what the standard of the stream and broadcast is before forking out £109 for the season pass. So if that first match is poor (i.e. a non contest) you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth spending £109 if those are the type of fixtures being offered. Why risk that scenario when you've no idea what sort of team Birmingham will field. It's like putting tins without labels on them on display.

I agree jeopardy is one of the essential ingredients of sport but I would say that's why so few watch speedway. Home track advantage and mismatched teams means anything can happen but rarely does. Yes there's the odd surprise heat win but in general the results are predictable when one team is clearly stronger than another.

My hope is that income from streaming changes the culture within the sport. If you're less reliant on home support for income and it's the standard of the product (excitement, skill, jeopardy) which attracts a larger audience then the on track product improves.  

I'd pick a couple of bones out of this, 1st match of the season could be a better or  could be a boring gate and go festival. Both teams will be ring rusty so you can't really judge form until every team has a few matches under their belts.

If they put Glasgow vs Poole on as the first 2 streams it doesn't mean they're going to be meetings full of great racing, we'd all assume so because of their teams, but any 2 teams can produce a borefest.

I myself succumbed and bought a season pass, before I read the email from my energy provider. Hopefully the service is good quality

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I'd pick a couple of bones out of this, 1st match of the season could be a better or  could be a boring gate and go festival. Both teams will be ring rusty so you can't really judge form until every team has a few matches under their belts.

If they put Glasgow vs Poole on as the first 2 streams it doesn't mean they're going to be meetings full of great racing, we'd all assume so because of their teams, but any 2 teams can produce a borefest.

I myself succumbed and bought a season pass, before I read the email from my energy provider. Hopefully the service is good quality

Very true but my point is, at this point in time you can make a judgement on whether or not Glasgow vs Poole might be a good meeting because you have an idea of the line ups. That can't be said of Berwick vs Brum can it.  At present it's the proverbial tin without a label on it. Unless those responsible for selecting the match know how Birmingham will line up. So why take the risk of broadcasting a fixture which could feature an under strength team away from home. The chances of that being a poor meeting must be higher than that of any fixture in which you know the line ups feature evenly matched teams.  That's just obvious.

This is a business which could dramatically improve the finances of the BSPL. So don't take unnecessary risks with the content, especially with the first offering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enotian said:

Very true but my point is, at this point in time you can make a judgement on whether or not Glasgow vs Poole might be a good meeting because you have an idea of the line ups. That can't be said of Berwick vs Brum can it.  At present it's the proverbial tin without a label on it. Unless those responsible for selecting the match know how Birmingham will line up. So why take the risk of broadcasting a fixture which could feature an under strength team away from home. The chances of that being a poor meeting must be higher than that of any fixture in which you know the line ups feature evenly matched teams.  That's just obvious.

This is a business which could dramatically improve the finances of the BSPL. So don't take unnecessary risks with the content, especially with the first offering. 

Apologies, i have jumped the gun on some of your original post, i completely agree on the basis of the pedigree of certain teams and riders should produce a better meeting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enotian said:

Maybe they just picked the teams in alphabetical order... Nothing would surprise me tbh

• Like 1