British Speedway Forum

2022 championship predictions

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In my view Glasgow are the best team that has been announced, I think Poole will need mid season changes to challenge but then according to some its  a second rate competition that is not worth winning anyway. 

Have to agree...it's very 'Mickey Mouse', so far as honours go!

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for 2022 & fingers crossed for a fab season ahead.

Best team on paper - Glasgow ( pains me to say that lol)

Beware of  - Leicester

Overhyped but likely to implode - Plymouth

Dark Horses - Redcar

Some people are confident about Poole - what do you know that we all don't?

7 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Happy New Year everyone, best wishes for 2022 & fingers crossed for a fab season ahead.

Beware of  - Leicester

Dark Horses - Redcar

We know the team, concerned about Ablitt, don't think he will last the season so expect mid season changes, my opinion is that Lawson should not be in the team and we should have gone for more strength in depth. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We know the team, concerned about Ablitt, don't think he will last the season so expect mid season changes, my opinion is that Lawson should not be in the team and we should have gone for more strength in depth. 

Be surprised, if one position got changed would have to change 3 riders at once! 

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe 2 why would 3 be needed? 

Depends on who you are bringing in and averages of who they are replacing. I said 3 as it is a safe bet. I hope they don't need to replace anyone. They said Nathan is one for the future so I would hope he is in for the season. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends on who you are bringing in and averages of who they are replacing. I said 3 as it is a safe bet. I hope they don't need to replace anyone. They said Nathan is one for the future so I would hope he is in for the season. 

You would hope he would be, if not back to the new promotion at Eastbourne in 2023 I would hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes but they always say one for the future, it takes the pressure off a bit. You always need a good reserve and I am not sure Kemp is good enough, I would have preferred Zach Cook and Kemp at reserve. 

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but they always say one for the future, it takes the pressure off a bit. You always need a good reserve and I am not sure Kemp is good enough, I would have preferred Zach Cook and Kemp at reserve. 

Based on averages the weakest reserves in the league and looking around reserves seen much stronger this season IMO. Kemp wasn't able to average 4 last season and at ashfield was absolutely awful, worse than Willie Lawson was before he replaced him! 

Have a feeling Lawson and A N Other may go by end of may for a stronger bottom end. Mostly cause get impression most Poole fans not too happy about having Richard, couple bad meetings feels like will be on his case

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Have to agree...it's very 'Mickey Mouse', so far as honours go!

It's know more Micky mouse than the premiership with it's 6 teams, with 4 of those going in the playoffs, i think whoever is in the championship wants to win it 

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Based on averages the weakest reserves in the league and looking around reserves seen much stronger this season IMO. Kemp wasn't able to average 4 last season and at ashfield was absolutely awful, worse than Willie Lawson was before he replaced him! 

Have a feeling Lawson and A N Other may go by end of may for a stronger bottom end. Mostly cause get impression most Poole fans not too happy about having Richard, couple bad meetings feels like will be on his case

I agree with that, have to see how it goes, nothing against Lawson personally just feel we would be better with at least one strong reserve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree with that, have to see how it goes, nothing against Lawson personally just feel we would be better with at least one strong reserve. 

a winning team need reserves that are going to move up/down every average change so the rider moving down can get some points and  confidence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Kemp is also the stronger reserve at Wolves too.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Wardey said:

Beware of  - Leicester

Dark Horses - Redcar

Dark horse I think is Scunthorpe,most  riders ride redcar track good ,need to win at home to be in the running

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Since you ask......

Yes, Leon Flint has the better CMA, he is on 3.63, Drew Kemp is only 3.36

Both capable of much better. After the league fixtures, Kemp finished the season 13, 2, 9+3, 8+1, 9, 7+2, 8+1. These didn't count for his CMA of course.