British Speedway Forum

The Repair Shop BBC1 8pm Weds 5th Jan

19 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

No, those weren't the boots.  Similar, but different colour.  The white part in your photo was Royal blue, and the dark part from in your photo was white.  And I don't think the rider in your photo is Mike Bessent either!

But apart from that... spot on :rofl:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2022 at 4:06 PM, Tim Templeton said:

Frank Evans rode at Knowle Stadium, Bristol, in 1960 (Provincial League), with an "F" on the back of his race jacket.  He had a motorcycle shop in Bedminster (Bristol).  , with his bike on show there.  His son Richard? also rode a bit, and was involved in the running of Swindon some years ago.  I think Frank rode mainly in second halves, with an occasional team appearance.

Apologies for delayed reply, when I mentioned Fred Tuck I'd forgotten about Frank, shame on me, especially as he top scored for Swindon '52. I bought this jacket from W. Clarke of

Knowle so it's probably Frank's. His son Richard had rides for Swindon, Milton Keynes and Weymouth '77 '78.

resized 2.JPG

resized.JPG