British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Don’t know why the Birmingham fans think they’ve got a play off team? It’s bang average in a competitive league, Shanes in main body with Vissing and a finished Auty as heat leaders, if Ellis rides like he has in the past in this league, you will be nowhere 

I would say sixth place is up for grabs really after the top five who look on paper to stand out. Brum potentially have two very good reserves all season and Ellis could be a very good spearhead, so like most other sides there is reason for optimism. Other than perhaps Newcastle no team looks out of the running to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Suppose the shorter your season the better then.Top 6 won’t really matter either then.

Not really...might be for the riders/manager...but I'll be just happy surviving and getting value for money (on track entertainment)

I grew out of getting excited about winning trophies a long time ago. May be being a West Brom fan has added towards that ! :D

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Not really...might be for the riders/manager...but I'll be just happy surviving and getting value for money (on track entertainment)

I grew out of getting excited about winning trophies a long time ago. May be being a West Brom fan has added towards that ! :D

Granted, winning trophy’s in  GB Speedway is meaningless.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why did Auty withdraw from the BEN Bonanza after just 3 rides yesterday?

Can’t be using his excuse to get out of coming to Berwick that early can he? :unsure:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ah really. I mean I'm a Southampton fan, but still really enjoy it when Poole make a final. But I agree a club surviving is way more important. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah really. I mean I'm a Southampton fan, but still really enjoy it when Poole make a final. But I agree a club surviving is way more important. 

Love Southampton! Love it when they turn over the top teams! :D

The difference (probably) is that with Poole its become a habit, so most likely expected.... whereas, we've not won much in all our years, so its a bonus if we do ...

I don't get too worked up about results...it's more about the performance for me. (think its an age thing) :D

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Love Southampton! Love it when they turn over the top teams! :D

The difference (probably) is that with Poole its become a habit, so most likely expected.... whereas, we've not won much in all our years, so its a bonus if we do ...

I don't get too worked up about results...it's more about the performance for me. (think its an age thing) :D

Not so good for my heart when we are hanging on though lol!

Guess I have been lucky seeing so many finals, but you never know if it is the last one for a while. So I try to enjoy it as much as possible. 

I do hope Birmingham and Newcastle get decent crowds this season so they can continue for years to come. At least with the track sorted now, the racing should be good. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Auty being an amateur by not preparing for the season again. 

He won't last long at Brum.

No machine after a couple of meetings that’s shows the lack of commitment to the sport,just wants to come back and take what  pocket money money he can pick up.Poor IMO.

• Like 1