British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

On 2/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, Brummie Boy said:

Ostergaard signed by Glasgow..

Hadn't realised that. 20.51 left if the pinned team building thread is to be believed, 7.66 (Ellis) & 5.55 (Sedgeman) would leave 7.3

52 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ellis, yes...

If the Brummies have signed a title sponsorship deal with Red Bull or Microsoft then it may be possible to think that they can afford to sign the British Champion. Right now sponsorship deals seem thinner on the ground than riders, and they can't cut the cloth that they don't have.

27 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

If the Brummies have signed a title sponsorship deal with Red Bull or Microsoft then it may be possible to think that they can afford to sign the British Champion. Right now sponsorship deals seem thinner on the ground than riders, and they can't cut the cloth that they don't have.

I agree....I was just responding to Col's suggestions? 

I don't think Ellis is beyond our expectations though....he's just an obvious choice of what's available....I'm not that fussed if we signed him or not!

My wish list would include 'Covatti'....but I know that's not gonna happen!

At this stage I'm starting to be a little concerned about the make up of the Birmingham squad. Whilst there is more than a month till the tapes rise all other teams have declared their proposed starting lineup & Brum still have to name a top three. I can't  see any riders left that would fill those voids unless as yet unknown to British speedway Euro stars are to come in. I guess there are some young Swedes & Danes that might come but at what cost. I hope it will be resolved soon.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

At this stage I'm starting to be a little concerned about the make up of the Birmingham squad. Whilst there is more than a month till the tapes rise all other teams have declared their proposed starting lineup & Brum still have to name a top three. I can't  see any riders left that would fill those voids unless as yet unknown to British speedway Euro stars are to come in. I guess there are some young Swedes & Danes that might come but at what cost. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Don't panic LR is going through his choices and making sure he gets the best balanced team. He's got his riders as Morris and Nielsen will be starting at reserve. Just waiting on 2 to return paperwork. Others checking fixtures that have been out for 6 weeks. 

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley took the time out to try to reassure supporters that there is no need to panic and be patient with regards signing the three remaining riders, he said announcements would be made in the near future (Obviously as its near to P&P), With regards the Track work he is really happy with the way things are going, as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

13 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley took the time out to try to reassure supporters that there is no need to panic and be patient with regards signing the three remaining riders, he said announcements would be made in the near future (Obviously as its near to P&P), With regards the Track work he is really happy with the way things are going, as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

Jeff who?

9 hours ago, Col said:

Why the objection to Sedgeman, he was decent at PB in Glasgow's win last year .. better than Wells  5.5 seems reasonable.

Its not that I object....I would just prefer a stronger signing with the points that we have to play with...

It's very difficult to see or second guess which way we're going with the final 3? may be we're waiting for the outcome of Boris's garden party enquiry before any announcements ? :D

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Boss or the LR bank roller?

48 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Another worry I would have if I was a brummies fan is absolutely no news on any sponsors either existing or new ones. Especially as the promotion made it clear when they took over how crucial this would be to survive 

I think you have a valid point here....not sure what the hold up is on that one....unless I've/we've missed something?

9 hours ago, Technik said:

If they can't get anyone better, Auty & Shanes could be in their top 3!

• Haha 1

Out of interest, does anyone know the availability of Marcus Birkemose, the 2020 European u21 Champion?  I know he's a squad rider in Denmark (same team as Ulrich Ostergaard) but I've not yet seen that he's signed for anyone in Poland or Sweden.

Another rider without too many "foreign" commitments would be Oskar Paluch, the almost 16 year-old Polish junior, and 2021 250cc European Champion. One for the back burner should Birmingham's season get past June when Paluch will be old enough to ride in the Championship. Mind you, that really would be showing ambition, wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Out of interest, does anyone know the availability of Marcus Birkemose, the 2020 European u21 Champion?  I know he's a squad rider in Denmark (same team as Ulrich Ostergaard) but I've not yet seen that he's signed for anyone in Poland or Sweden.

Another rider without too many "foreign" commitments would be Oskar Paluch, the almost 16 year-old Polish junior, and 2021 250cc European Champion. One for the back burner should Birmingham's season get past June when Paluch will be old enough to ride in the Championship. Mind you, that really would be showing ambition, wouldn't it?

At the moment pretty sure  he has had his danish licence suspended as he r3fused a drugs test at his last meeting 

• Thanks 1