British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Neither can i in all honesty. 

Hypothetically if Brum sign Kildemand for one meeting then sack him (for saying something mean about LR) could they then use guests for the remainder of the season? Terrible operating model i know BUT desperate times and all that

No 10.5.j allows a guest for a rider in dispute 'FOR A PERIOD DETERMINED BY THE BSPL'. Given past precedents and the wording of 10.5.k (riders retiring) which mentions 28 days the most likely outcome would be a 28 day facility.

However it is possible when faced with the choice of extending the facility or Birmingham folding you could end up with a season long guest spot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sedgman, Ellis, Rasmus, NBJ, Tommy J, Gappmaier, Keleher, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Ruml plus a few from Australia and Scandanavia.

Plenty of riders out there who come March may have diminishing options overseas and Birmingham with its central location and airport might look attractive?

And With LR Desperate these riders will probably be able to bargain for better pay deals to. LR has his work cut out

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I always did wonder why he was not part of the consortium that took over.

Do we know the FULL consortium? 

Sounds like  a consortium of 'hopefuls/fans' may be doing it for the passion of the club, but totally out of their depth ?

I think we're in a bit of trouble....I obviously hope I'm wrong!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sedgman, Ellis, Rasmus, NBJ, Tommy J, Gappmaier, Keleher, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Ruml plus a few from Australia and Scandanavia.

Plenty of riders out there who come March may have diminishing options overseas and Birmingham with its central location and airport might look attractive?

The desirables from that list are either opting out of CL or UK altogether. Its not cheap to setup in the UK for Champ only, the better riders are either contractually not available (Poland) , are opting for a lesser schedule to stay fresher or simply want more than Brum can afford. 

As for the 4 pointers it makes far more sense to offer places to riders like Morley & Crang rather than Ruml & Keleher's on purely financial grounds. 

If LR has his wish list he should be making his final offers, we can afford X take it or leave it. Pandering and negotiating only further weakens the clubs position.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Here, here. Brummies should have gone for lower division,  whatever happens now its going to be a big struggle, will be very lucky to see the season out, and unfortunately the brummies will be finished 

I agree re their level...

However, the goal posts were moved re the standard of Div 3 to protect Div 2, meaning the bottom league would have been a hard sell given the rent needed...

The "old" Div 3 would have been "perfect" for a good few teams currently I would say...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Do we know the FULL consortium? 

Sounds like  a consortium of 'hopefuls/fans' may be doing it for the passion of the club, but totally out of their depth ?

I think we're in a bit of trouble....I obviously hope I'm wrong!

Gary Drinkwater, Nigel Tolley, Tracey Smith, Dave Rowe

• Thanks 1

Never mind...6 weeks to go til the opening night against the Coventry Bees team that currently features 4 less riders than the Brummies team. Might even win that one! 

Plenty of time for more rider announcements, the news of who the title sponsor will be and many more sponsorship announcements too. Reasons to be cheerful! ;) 

• Haha 1

What I don’t understand is this, Last season I went to Perry Barr 8 times the attendance’s were abysmal, and that was with a Team including Bomber and Riss, But the new Promotion say they need 1000 to break even and that’s with a team without the calibre of Bomber and Riss, and to compound the situation they have LR putting a team together the man that was team manager of the worst team in British speedway history, Mildenhall, He has been in the sport for decades can someone please tell me what as he ever won in this time please, I really hope I’m wrong but I can see this ending in a catastrophe, but please what as Rogers every  won,? 

1 hour ago, Argos said:

What I don’t understand is this, Last season I went to Perry Barr 8 times the attendance’s were abysmal, and that was with a Team including Bomber and Riss, But the new Promotion say they need 1000 to break even and that’s with a team without the calibre of Bomber and Riss, and to compound the situation they have LR putting a team together the man that was team manager of the worst team in British speedway history, Mildenhall, He has been in the sport for decades can someone please tell me what as he ever won in this time please, I really hope I’m wrong but I can see this ending in a catastrophe, but please what as Rogers every  won,? 

The Award for the most mentions on the BSF saying that he isn't very good as a team manager?   :D