British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Great News

According to the Brummies web site, Stefan Nielsen will be fit and ready for the start of the season - http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.3111

Was there a doubt over this?

This news is just to pack out the lack of info bout the new signings .... wot a load of cobs wallop!

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Seems like Birmingham are hosting the British U21 Final this year. Good to see. 

Lots of good things appear to be happening at Birmingham under the new promotion. Hopefully they can put together a competitive team and enjoy a successful season. I’ll be making the trip over when the Diamonds pay a visit

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Technik said:

Just to throw another name into the ring.

Ellis Perks.

I know he missed last season but he was training. If that has finished could he be able to make a return?

Has Ellis not moved back to Australia and set up a personal training business? That was certainly the direction he took in 2020 and 2021

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Col said:

darts is a dreadful spectator sport unless you're comatose. Average pint consumption per attendee at a Darts event was around 16.

Disagree!

They get far more fans than a speedway meeting!

As for the 'alcohol' consumption? It shows British mentality really....

It's clever promotion by the 'Hearns' !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Disagree!

They get far more fans than a speedway meeting!

As for the 'alcohol' consumption? It shows British mentality really....

It's clever promotion by the 'Hearns' !

The key word being "promotion"...

All done using marketing people well versed and successful in delivering crowds at the events they get contracts for...

A decent marketing budget is so important to generate interest...

Yet British Speedway seems to spend an enormous amount of money on everything apart from marketing itself well....

Strange plan...

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

I've been to a darts event and the atmosphere is fantastic. The big plus is the fact that the conditions are always the same and the event won't get cancelled at the last minute... 

And those advertised to be there actually turn up....:D

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The key word being "promotion"...

All done using marketing people well versed and successful in delivering crowds at the events they get contracts for...

A decent marketing budget is so important to generate interest...

Yet British Speedway seems to spend an enormous amount of money on everything apart from marketing itself well....

Strange plan...

The key word being "indoors"...

The Hearns have done exceptionally well at promoting indoor sports involving individual competitors (rather than teams).  I'd like to know of an outdoor team sport that they have been successful at - aside from the outstanding success (not) that is Leyton Orient!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So Adam Ellis not declared in any of the Danish League squads announced this week!!  But will the new Promotion pay a 'guarantee'??

No choice if they really want him….any rider knows its getting towards desperation time for a club. I recall Redcar operating on a strict budget under Havelock and they finished bottom season after season, but they still operated and hung on in there , will Brum do the same ?

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No choice if they really want him….any rider knows its getting towards desperation time for a club. I recall Redcar operating on a strict budget under Havelock and they finished bottom season after season, but they still operated and hung on in there , will Brum do the same ?

The differing rental costs of the places mentioned would be a major bearing on that I would say...

Given so many are tenants, it must be a knife edge for some to "hang on in there"...

Even more so over the coming months as the cost of living goes skywards..

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The differing rental costs of the places mentioned would be a major bearing on that I would say...

Given so many are tenants, it must be a knife edge for some to "hang on in there"...

Even more so over the coming months as the cost of living goes skywards..

Doesn’t matter what your rental costs, it’s called ‘operating within your budget ‘. Redcar were down to crowds of around 300 at that time so Havelock did well to keep them going. Can you see Brum operating on a similar basis ? They are already claiming they need a 1,000 through the gate and haven’t managed that in the past.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight