British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

14 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Or not declare to run until you have a team pencilled in ?

Rogers has said that he knows the final three riders he wants, and is working on the deals - just lots of speculation about who they might be. It makes a change for British speedway that people actually don't seem to know who they are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Don't panic LR has it all in hand. He's told everybody that a month ago. Best not to speculate on riders like Becker. Because the riders LR has or will end up will be a big let down.  #AUTYFORNUMBER1

Who said anything about 'Panicking' ?

I'm cool....whatever will be will be!

Its rapidly getting to the stage that LR needs to pull 3 rabbits out of a hat, I can understand that he/they are negotiating with riders but to still be 3 riders short coming into the middle of february is starting to become worrying, it badly needs the Brummies to put out a competitive team at the very least otherwise all the goodwill in the world wont see them get the numbers needed through the gate.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

Just to throw another name into the ring.

Ellis Perks.

I know he missed last season but he was training. If that has finished could he be able to make a return?

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I doubt very much such a signing would go down too well with the brummie faithful!

7 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Rogers has said that he knows the final three riders he wants, and is working on the deals - just lots of speculation about who they might be. It makes a change for British speedway that people actually don't seem to know who they are!

And LR has never told porkies before.

Basically he’s trying to find the funds to pay them as anybody who is worth having will be screwing him for every penny knowing he’s now in last chance saloon. That in its self, is worrying for the future of the club.

Good luck to him , I hope he can find a decent team as the sport can’t afford to lose anyone else.

1 hour ago, S4r4h said:

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I doubt very much such a signing would go down too well with the brummie faithful!

I personally would welcome anyone that gave 110%!

R u saying we wouldn't have welcomed Bruce Penhall or Greg Hancock back in the day?

Speedway isn't football... its not tribal IMO!

P.s... your I.d picture is brilliant BTW.... :)

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Technik said:

Just to throw another name into the ring.

Ellis Perks.

I know he missed last season but he was training. If that has finished could he be able to make a return?

Said him months ago!

Thought he was enjoying life in New Zealand?

Not good enuff to be number 1 tho!

Edited by GiveusaB