British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

You appear to have misunderstood my point. I couldn't care less about Godfrey; you don't need to get upset about me dissing the great man. I was complaining about the destruction of a very valuable means for riders to get their first step on the speedway rung. I drove a rider round many tracks in order for him to ride in his progression; the MDL was the next step before the National League, though this didn't happen. As I said, the MDL teams were run despite the promoters.

Yet again you just don’t get it. He did not do away with the MDL !
There was / is nothing in the way of the MDL. The BSPA simply stopped ‘ teams ‘ using the names of clubs that no longer exist and were not going to appear in the very short term. 
Your assertion that junior teams are run despite the promoters is an insult to all the promoters who allow and in most cases assist in running junior teams and I include Godfrey in that even though I am not a major fan on the way the sport is currently being run. Without the say so of a promoter no second half’s get run, at all !

You simply don’t have a clue how these things are run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

You appear to have misunderstood my point. I couldn't care less about Godfrey; you don't need to get upset about me dissing the great man. I was complaining about the destruction of a very valuable means for riders to get their first step on the speedway rung. I drove a rider round many tracks in order for him to ride in his progression; the MDL was the next step before the National League, though this didn't happen. As I said, the MDL teams were run despite the promoters.

Scunthorpe Stags.jpg

Who is rider with glasses I know the other three but don't recognise him

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yet again you just don’t get it. He did not do away with the MDL !
There was / is nothing in the way of the MDL. The BSPA simply stopped ‘ teams ‘ using the names of clubs that no longer exist and were not going to appear in the very short term. 
Your assertion that junior teams are run despite the promoters is an insult to all the promoters who allow and in most cases assist in running junior teams and I include Godfrey in that even though I am not a major fan on the way the sport is currently being run. Without the say so of a promoter no second half’s get run, at all !

You simply don’t have a clue how these things are run. 

I was there: I included the photograph to show that I helped one of the riders for a couple of years doing MDL, and I have described what I then saw. This argument started when I included a quotation from the Scunthorpe Stags Facebook site, saying that Godfrey 'did not like' the MDL. After all, Scunthorpe is not a 'club which does not exist'!

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Oh dear...don't like the sound of that? Is he gate 'n' go type of rider ?

Is Berwick a slick track then ? (apart from Glasgow/Edinburgh its the only track I've never been to)

IMO he is a gate and go rider,very good at Shielfield when he gates.Most tracks are slick these days.

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Oh dear...don't like the sound of that? Is he gate 'n' go type of rider ?

Is Berwick a slick track then ? (apart from Glasgow/Edinburgh its the only track I've never been to)

You’ll find out about him if he signs… 

Absolute world beater at home at times but then he could follow that with a last place… he’s the modern day Adam Allott… the rider you need at home but the rider who traditionally wouldn’t do too good away… give him his dues he did improve his average away in 2021 but there were still many many times you could scream in frustration at him! 

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

You’ll find out about him if he signs… 

Absolute world beater at home at times but then he could follow that with a last place… he’s the modern day Adam Allott… the rider you need at home but the rider who traditionally wouldn’t do too good away… give him his dues he did improve his average away in 2021 but there were still many many times you could scream in frustration at him! 

Just a gate and go.Done the job he was brought into do for Berwick to be fair and like you say he did improve away from home last season.Him and Leon saved us at home a number of times last season.