British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I think reserves look far stronger this season without the rising stars, the 2 pointers might find it bit harder with no like for like in every team. Kemp shout be kicking on now, in play off matches I saw him at home he was very good, the 2 times saw him at Glasgow thought Willie Lawson was back

Kemp beat Basso twice and Hume at Poole in the KOC Final, so hopefully he carries that trend on :t:

37 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Poole fans taking over the Birmingham thread again !

Only because Birmingham 'fans' don't seem to bother reading their club's own official statements or articles in the Speedway Star - preferring to voice their own - mainly negative - agendas!!!

As stated previously for a successful Championship its to nobody's advantage for there to be overtly weak teams in the league.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Only because Birmingham 'fans' don't seem to bother reading their club's own official statements or articles in the Speedway Star - preferring to voice their own - mainly negative - agendas!!!

As stated previously for a successful Championship its to nobody's advantage for there to be overtly weak teams in the league.

Perhaps your team could let Birmingham have one of your 3 genuine number ones ???

On 1/4/2022 at 8:22 AM, ray c said:

Hull Vikings team of 2004  finished the season withe 6 riders averages from 7.45 going up to 8.8  I believe and the last rider at reserve Joel Parsons averaged  approx 4.8 and went on to win the treble of Premier league  , Cup winners and Young shield winners  . As I remember 5 out of the 7 riders were top of the averages during the season and in real terms when the season started a lot of supporters were upset about not having a genuine Number 1  how wrong we were . 
   So in theory a side can be built without a strong number 1 and win trophies 

What's the situation regarding Polish riders being allowed to ride in the Championship?

Of course I'm thinking of second and third tier Poles. Glasgow had Marcin Nowak in their team last season, so does that mean it would be possible for Birmingham, too?

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

What's the situation regarding Polish riders being allowed to ride in the Championship?

Of course I'm thinking of second and third tier Poles. Glasgow had Marcin Nowak in their team last season, so does that mean it would be possible for Birmingham, too?

Would think so,if they can afford the bus fair.

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Damien drozdz

Artur Mroczka

Kacper Gomolski

Dawid Lampart

All riding Liga 2 with Uk experience could be a shout.

10 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Damien drozdz

Artur Mroczka

Kacper Gomolski

Dawid Lampart

All riding Liga 2 with Uk experience could be a shout.

Pretty sure Marcin was only given authority to ride in championship by the authorities because his season was effectively over as didn't make the play offs. From what I've been told they're reluctant to allow riders to go to the championship

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Poole fans taking over the Birmingham thread again !

If it wasn't for the Poole contingent on here, this thread would be non existent...hardly any B'ham fans make any comments?

There doesn't seem to be many of us mate.

Poor Lisa makes some interesting comments IMO and she seems to get pushed around quite a lot....

Bit mean IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Apart from US/Poole/Plymouth/Oxford .....  :D

So... sign a Pole who would miss every meeting at Redcar, Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Berwick, Leicester & Scunthorpe?