British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

I suppose most fans are concerned rather than being negative, and the 1000 attendance statement didn't do any favours, but as you say wait until the last signings and see then.

Re Eastbourne.

Several  riders said that they would have reduced their pay if they had been informed of the difficulties....

Maybe something similar will (may) happen at any tracks struggling going forward? 

Getting paid less has to better than not getting paid anything.. 

Eg If your income is 15% less than budgeted for then the riders drop accordingly...

And vice versa too, if you increase your income above budget then pay the riders more. Never a bad thing in Speedway it seems to get a good reputation for paying on time and if you can do a "bonus" it can only help recruitment and team spirit..

28 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

You don't need a sponsors licence for Europeans, the visa is different.

I think that changed since Brexit. I believe the exception is when a rider has a work permit in place already (I remember reading about some riders being issued permits if they have raced here previously). 

So the official statement on Britishspeedway.co.uk states that LR is in discussions with his chosen 3 riders and just needs to get various things in writing (presumably signed and sealed?) before announcing. He goes on to say that Neilsen and Morris at reserve will probably be the strongest reserve pairing in the league!!

37 minutes ago, AndyPresley said:

I think that changed since Brexit. I believe the exception is when a rider has a work permit in place already (I remember reading about some riders being issued permits if they have raced here previously). 

I don't doubt that it changed with Brexit, but for non _ european's, it is much tougher to work  in this country and a different tier visa is required.

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's all very well having strong reserves but they don't usually figure in hts 1,13,15!

No, but they're a useful tool when a second string has an off night .

Strong Heat Leaders don't figure in Heats 2 and 8......

Not sure we've had much choice with team selection, so far as Heat Leaders go, but having strong reserves is a positive from experience.

I'm sure most teams don't start with strong reserves as their priority and I bet we didn't either, it just is what it is and IMO it's not a weakness or a bad thing.

I'm sure most speedway fans will have their own views on it.

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's all very well having strong reserves but they don't usually figure in hts 1,13,15!

Only need to look at Berwick for evidence in 2021. Were in most meetings home and away until heats 11/12 then lost out due predominantly to heats 13 and 15. 

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Only need to look at Berwick for evidence in 2021. Were in most meetings home and away until heats 11/12 then lost out due predominantly to heats 13 and 15. 

Berwick were sh#te and were the poorest team that I saw last season.

Edited by GiveusaB

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

To be fair the Berwick collapse in the last few heats was a thing of beauty though

• Haha 4

Rogers has confirmed neilsen and morris will start at reserve so riders on the radar must averaged 5 or abkve.

Lets do a sweep - Pick 3 from the list below and see who actually comes in -

Adam Ellis

Josh Bates

Danny Gappmeier

Justin Sedgman

Ty Proctor

Victor Palovaara

Peter Ljung

Ludvig Lindgren

Kim Nilsson

Mathias Thornblom

Pontus Aspregen

Max Dilger

Tobias Busch

Lukas Fienhage

Probably missing a likely candidate but ill go Gappmeier, ljung and bates

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think you need at least one strong reserve which is why I am a little worried About the Poole team. Obviously having two strong  reserves weakens the team higher up but no reason why it can't work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

No, but they're a useful tool when a second string has an off night .

Strong Heat Leaders don't figure in Heats 2 and 8......

Not sure we've had much choice with team selection, so far as Heat Leaders go, but having strong reserves is a positive from experience.

I'm sure most teams don't start with strong reserves as their priority and I bet we didn't either, it just is what it is and IMO it's not a weakness or a bad thing.

I'm sure most speedway fans will have their own views on it.

Three strong heat leaders usually ride in 14 of the 30 rides each team takes....

More if tac subs are needed...

Any team with that has a pretty good advantage given there won't be too many heat losses against them, meaning those teams will always be in with a shout of a win..

Especially when five out of eight rides in Heats 12 to 15 are taken by your top 3..

Edited by mikebv

44 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Berwick lacked a real No1 last season or their strength in depth would have paid off.We we’re woeful when it came to 13 &15 away from home.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Kemp is strong enough to cover for a very weak reserve. 

I think reserves look far stronger this season without the rising stars, the 2 pointers might find it bit harder with no like for like in every team. Kemp shout be kicking on now, in play off matches I saw him at home he was very good, the 2 times saw him at Glasgow thought Willie Lawson was back

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So the official statement on Britishspeedway.co.uk states that LR is in discussions with his chosen 3 riders and just needs to get various things in writing (presumably signed and sealed?) before announcing....

That's put to bed the rumours going around that the Brummies were going to revert to their 1977 configuration of two guests and rider replacement to cover the top 3 places in the team, then. :rofl: