British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2022

*JJ

On 5/12/2022 at 5:09 PM, TTT said:

I've started an entire thread about the state of the Championship as it's 3 teams that are taking the mickey now and it's the fans who'll lose out eventually. 

I don't know all the ins and outs but it's easy to say 3 team taking the Mickey this season, lets not refer to the countless teams who have done this season after season.

Put simply, there aren't enough riders to go around and while I don't know the stat of Brum and Newcastle, I do know that Plymouth have tried very hard to secure replacements from two nasty injury incidents and a rider withholding. It doesn't help when the the Chairman blocks moves for his own gains either. 

This is far bigger than 3 clubs, yet again it goes straight to the source and the complete farce that is the BSPA and existing promoters making decisions.

As for Brum, I hope they resolve the issue and bring in a replacement if required.

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

It doesn't help when the the Chairman blocks moves for his own gains either. 

This is far bigger than 3 clubs, yet again it goes straight to the source and the complete farce that is the BSPA and existing promoters making decisions.

IF you know the full story, care to elaborate but on the Plymouth thread!

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

And your nomination would be........?

Not my job to make appropriate appointments....I'm a chemistry research technician with just an opinion, as stated in my post.

If I owned a business, then I would appoint a manager that made the business successful. 

Bham made a great start by improving the track and then conned the fans with a team under false pretences (if the Ellis rumour is true...)

That's sh#te management imo!

20 hours ago, SpeedyOne said:

I can't keep up with the Birmingham goings on.

Who has Sedgmen signed to replace?    Auty or Ellis?

I presumed he'd replaced Auty, but if so, why is Ellis also missing?:blink:

To answer my own question, Sedgmen has signed to replace Ellis.

The guests are for Auty.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Ellis riding for Sheffield tonight, so he's not banned... yet

If there is a ban coming would or should he have been riding for GB in Poland yesterday?

Or was that another case of BSPA/SCB doing what suits them at the time?

8 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

If there is a ban coming would or should he have been riding for GB in Poland yesterday?

Or was that another case of BSPA/SCB doing what suits them at the time?

It seems that GB Speedway team is a completely different entity to BSPL/PL/CL, it didn't even get a mention on their website until after the event!

Seriously....if the Ellis rumours are true....I know a fair few Bham fans that wont be bothering anymore...

If you think last season was a struggle, then this one is just about to get a whole lot harder by looks of things.

Such a shame after all the hard work on the track.....

• Like 1