British Speedway Forum

Kent 2022

teaboy279

56 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Good to hear Iwade could be lining up in the NDL . No lights at the old gun site so assume it will be Sunday afternoon racing. 
This might be problematic for some of the NDL riders who do grass track ? 

I would think it wouldn't be much of an issue for any rider who takes speedway seriously,  for those who wish to do both disciplines and pick grasstrack its a matter for the governing bodies to resolve. I would think there will be more than enough weekends to avoid local clashes anyway as Competition would hurt both crowds.

23 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would think it wouldn't be much of an issue for any rider who takes speedway seriously,  for those who wish to do both disciplines and pick grasstrack its a matter for the governing bodies to resolve. I would think there will be more than enough weekends to avoid local clashes anyway as Competition would hurt both crowds.

Also Iwade would run meetings every two weeks so less clashes hopefully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

I see the statement from Speedwaygb says Kent didn't make it. Take it that is just for the Championship and they will be OK to come to the national league agm and be in the NL next year?

Kent is gone completely.     But there seems to be every reason to be optimistic that a new promotion at Iwade will be joining the NDL, so there will still be speedway just a couple of miles away 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Kent is gone completely.     But there seems to be every reason to be optimistic that a new promotion at Iwade will be joining the NDL, so there will still be speedway just a couple of miles away 

Oh I see. They'll be called Iwade and not Kent. So it is very close then to Central Park on that basis. Not a bad jaunt for me, if the Dartford crossing plays ball.

51 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Oh I see. They'll be called Iwade and not Kent. So it is very close then to Central Park on that basis. Not a bad jaunt for me, if the Dartford crossing plays ball.

Not sure what they'll be called yet.  Possibly "Sittingbourne".  

I'm not sure, but I think when Len Silver opened his Central Park operation he used the name "Kent" because the Iwade operation already had rights to the name "Sittingbourne".    Whatever they're called, it's just good to at least see some speedway continuing in the area.

• Like 2

Great news that Kent are now confirmed for 2022 at Iwade,

So with the need to start team building as soon as possible before there are no riders left with there now being 8 teams in the league, who would you like in your 1 - 7. Here is my selection within the 40 point limit.

1. Ben Morley.                9.17

2. Connor King.              4.20

3. Sam Hagon.               6.32

4. Connor Coles.            5.76

5. Alex Spooner.             6.44

6. Vinnie Foord.              3.47

7. Jacob Clouting.          3.20

TOTAL.                           38.56

I feel there’s a blend of youth & experience in this team with the possibility of all riders improving their averages.               

16 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

So with the need to start team building as soon as possible before there are no riders left with there now being 8 teams in the league, who would you like in your 1 - 7. Here is my selection within the 40 point limit.

I feel there’s a blend of youth & experience in this team with the possibility of all riders improving their averages.               

I think the Iwade based team will benefit and be hampered from being weekend based. Doubling up riders could be a problem but Morley is a great shout at number 1 especially if he doesn't land a CL place. The rest will depend upon who was the sponsors favourites etc bit do agree that Spooner and Coles would be great value additions. Very unsure on Clouting though as he has been around (not full seasons granted) a while and still hasn't really put much on his starting average.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think the Iwade based team will benefit and be hampered from being weekend based. Doubling up riders could be a problem but Morley is a great shout at number 1 especially if he doesn't land a CL place. The rest will depend upon who was the sponsors favourites etc bit do agree that Spooner and Coles would be great value additions. Very unsure on Clouting though as he has been around (not full seasons granted) a while and still hasn't really put much on his starting average.

Unfortunately Spooner has already signed elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dave1075 said:

Morley should be on his Champ ave doubled shouldn't he? That'd be below 8.00!

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With more teams racing in 2022 may not be enough quality 3ish riders to go around! Better to keep a 3.2 rider than risk a newbie scoring 1 point a match in my view! Unless of course you have a Mulford / Ablitt turning 15!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Morley should be on his Champ ave doubled shouldn't he? That'd be below 8.00!

I was assuming Ben Morley would come in on his NDL average from 2019, whilst with the IOW which was 9.17.
But if it reverts to his CL average from 2021 of 3.91 that doubled being 7.82 he would be an absolute shoe in for any NDL team this coming season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With more teams racing in 2022 may not be enough quality 3ish riders to go around! Better to keep a 3.2 rider than risk a newbie scoring 1 point a match in my view! Unless of course you have a Mulford / Ablitt turning 15!

Certainly don't need to be 15 to be any good round Iwade (and many aren't) stick Rob Hollingsworth and Mick Skinner in the team and watch them clean up #grandadsarmy

12 hours ago, dave1075 said:

I was assuming Ben Morley would come in on his NDL average from 2019, whilst with the IOW which was 9.17.
But if it reverts to his CL average from 2021 of 3.91 that doubled being 7.82 he would be an absolute shoe in for any NDL team this coming season. 

It’s his latest NL average that you use, so 9.17 for Morley. Which tbf is more indicative of his abilities b