British Speedway Forum

Kent 2022

teaboy279

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Breaking News**

Si Kellow, the new promoter confirms Kent will be racing at Iwade in the NDL in 2022 via Facebook.

Some will point out its a massive step backwards from where we were a few months ago, to those I say it's a massive step forward from where we were yesterday..  

League Speedway in Kent lives on.

Great news for fans in the South East.

39 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Brilliant news :t: can someone tell me what the track and stadium is like at Iwade? Heard it's pretty small and no stands... but it's better than no track at all!! Cant wait to go visit

It's a great little track, always well prepared. I was a regular there in the conference league days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Guess yous could start thinking of a team then? Dunno what the limit will be, but would be nice to see a top 2 of Dan Gilkes and Jake Mulford, which would take up nearly 20 points!!

Who would you Kent fans like to see in the team...

I think Gilkes could and probably should be looking higher than NDL next season, Mulford wasn't that good around Iwade when i last saw him. Spooner should be a shoe in though. The rest could be a clean sweep with new promotion and no favourites. Id be looking at a more local flavour to the side, Charley Powell flies round there too.

Surely the shoe in No 1 is Ben Morley?

If the rumoured increase in NDL sides happens next week probably Kinsley / Spooner may get chances elsewhere and Mulford may want to do Grass on a weekend and Speedway in the week.

Gilkes I agree needs to be looking at bigger ponds now or an NDL berth at Oxford possibly? (close to home) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Surely the shoe in No 1 is Ben Morley?

If the rumoured increase in NDL sides happens next week probably Kinsley / Spooner may get chances elsewhere and Mulford may want to do Grass on a weekend and Speedway in the week.

Gilkes I agree needs to be looking at bigger ponds now or an NDL berth at Oxford possibly? (close to home) 

Morley must have a whopping NDL average now and in reality IF Iwade are running at the weekend then avoiding double uppers would be wise otherwise it will be a non stop guest fest. 

Now racking my brains of active NL riders ive seen go round Iwade well....Hume. Bowen was quick and Hurry is the track record holder if the Dad's Army approach catches on......and Rob Hollingsworth is no slouch around there either.

My first visit there in 2005 was a challenge just to find the track!

Driving through someone’s yard full of construction equipment and trailers wasn’t very welcoming!

I’m thinking the locals aren’t too friendly to the speedway as I recall.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Morley must have a whopping NDL average now and in reality IF Iwade are running at the weekend then avoiding double uppers would be wise otherwise it will be a non stop guest fest. 

Now racking my brains of active NL riders I've seen go round Iwade well....Hume. Bowen was quick and Hurry is the track record holder if the Dad's Army approach catches on......and Rob Hollingsworth is no slouch around there either.

Morley should only be on a 7.52 ave, so great value in that figure. Can't see Ben getting a Champ spot so he wouldn't miss any fixtures either!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Vinnie Foord for a team place or will he go to Mildenhall?

Personally i think he needs a hell of a lot of work both off track and on it before he is NDL ready. I don't agree with the basics being picked up along the way whilst pinning the throttle flatout and hoping for the best. That said most promoter's don't share the same view and he will likely feature somewhere.