British Speedway Forum

speedwaychampions.com

secondbend

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 5:02 PM, customhouseregular said:

Pretty much like the Speedway Results site that suddenly disappeared. It had a wealth of information and I used to refer to it regularly.

Still online ;) But I do not have time to update that. 

1 hour ago, Vicar said:

Still online ;) But I do not have time to update that. 

I will look forward to seeing the updates soon 

• 1 year later...

After a 4 year hiatus Speedway Champions is back, www.speedwaychampions.yolasite.com - noted the revised url.
Updated to the 2023 season and the ongoing 2024 Oz, NZ and winter Ice events, the individual champions of all speedway nations, major and minor, past and present, from Argentina to Zimbabwe, are listed, along with Long Track, Ice Racing and Grass Track national and regional champions.
      These are supplemented with the title-holders of other FIM 'Track' disciplines of Sidecar Speedway and Flat Track racing, - official and unofficial - , in both UK and Europe, plus USA and the newer German and Australian events of Krowdrace and 'Aussie Flat Track Nationals' (AFTNs), now granted official Championship status for 2024.
    Winners of other respected former and current speedway competitions, such as British Match Race Championships, Czech, Aussie and Polish Golden Helmets, League Riders Championships and ultimately, World Championships, are also included.
www.speedwaychampions.yolasite.com

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 3:36 AM, iris123 said:

Can only go on what i guess HE wrote to me. Unfortunately i lost the password to my email account back then that i had contact with him through

Also know that he told me, he was less than enthusiastic about the return of the Dons venture. So maybe it was more, lack of enthusiasm for modern speedway

There are quite a few of us suffering from that particular malady. :sad:

• 6 months later...

In the light of FIM's latest World Championship ouvré of the Woman's Speedway Gold Trophy a further webpage has been added to the Speedway Champions site, - 'Women Champions'.
It covers the WSGT and the 2 new national women's championships, plus other past female competitions and Match Races from the '30s, '60s and '80s, as well as biographies and profiles of women speedway riders past and present.
https://speedwaychampions.yolasite.com/women-champions.php

Edited by britmet
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2024 at 10:26 AM, britmet said:

In the light of FIM's latest World Championship ouvré of the Woman's Speedway Gold Trophy a further webpage has been added to the Speedway Champions site, - 'Women Champions'.
It covers the WSGT and the 2 new national women's championships, plus other past female competitions and Match Races from the '30s, '60s and '80s, as well as biographies and profiles of women speedway riders past and present.

Updated to included FIM's 'Ladies Cup', Academies, Participants, etc.
https://speedwaychampions.yolasite.com/women-champions.php

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, chunky said:

I know what you mean. Brian and I used to message each other, but the last I heard from him was 2005.

I never met him, but he seemed a really good guy.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, iris123 said:

Met Brian once. Not sure if he messaged me or i read it, that he had lost interest in the sport

Didn't know about his health, and hope he is doing well. Very nice guy, and as i said, an essential website he put together

On 1/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, andout said:

He definitely NEVER lost interest in the sport especially International meetings (Same as me).

Well, it took  a long time but I finally found out today that Brian died on the 29 September 2021 from Alzheimer's in Brighton. I knew he had the dreadful disease but had no idea where he was. Probate is where I found the information and that closed in July of this year. Shame....but his wonderful site still lives on    RIP Brian.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, andout said:

Well, it took  a long time but I finally found out today that Brian died on the 29 September 2021 from Alzheimer's in Brighton. I knew he had the dreadful disease but had no idea where he was. Probate is where I found the information and that closed in July of this year. Shame....but his wonderful site still lives on    RIP Brian.

Really sad. Thanks for letting us know.

R.I.P. mate