British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Limit is probably due to HSE and getting a safety certificate. It was said capacity was 2.5K but on Radio Oxford they said all 2K sold. Maybe the 2.5K includes riders, officials and stadium staff etc and for the opening meeting a lot have been kept for special guests and the media. 

Probably. When Swindon rode was told about 400 gained entry to the stadium, a mix of staff, sponsors, officials, media, relatives, guests, and friends, and some freeloaders and hangers on:rolleyes::)which arent included in attendance figures.

Edited by auntie doris

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Useful point in the play-off chase for Oxford at Redcar today. Looks like 5 clubs are clear, with Edinburgh, Oxford & Scunthorpe challenging for 6th.

Always feel like you really have to win at Redcar as everyone does well there! To get one over your rivals. 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Aaron Summers has come out of retirement to fill in for Jack Thomas!!

Pity he hadn't come out of retirement at the start of the season for us, good luck to Spud anyone know his average?

58 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Pity he hadn't come out of retirement at the start of the season for us, good luck to Spud anyone know his average?

6.02 according to final green sheets of 2021

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hello, can anyone tell me what the parking situation at Oxford is? I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I can't find anything anywhere. Thanks

I believe that you can park at Unipart (Watlington Road) which is just up the road from the stadium. I did read that they run a shuttle service but I'll leave that someone more in the know to confirm?

• Like 1

Parking is at Unipart and you select the option to park there when you buy a ticket online, i suspect there will be a big purge one night soon on those who choose to park in the residents only parking spots as they're too lazy to walk the 800 yards from Unipart or above sharing a shuttle to and from the stadium.

TBH the information isn't that hard to find

https://oxfordspeedway.club/tickets/

Edited by Triple.H.
Link
  • Like 1