British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

Looks a cracking team that. One to beat IMO. 2 top heat leaders, strength n depth, heeps and Newman potentially on a snip of average if can find old form and potential in ruml and Thomas. Macdonald never impressed me that much but 3rd season now has to be improvement there. 

Looks a reasonable side....not League winning IMO....the only one that I can see improving his average is possibly Jack Thomas....(wish we could've kept him)

Batchelor is very hot/cold....Nicholls is great at this level, but not getting any younger and may struggle if he doesn't make starts....

Good luck to Oxford....great to see a 'new' speedway venture, instead of the usual doom and gloom.

22 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looks a reasonable side....not League winning IMO....the only one that I can see improving his average is possibly Jack Thomas....(wish we could've kept him)

Batchelor is very hot/cold....Nicholls is great at this level, but not getting any younger and may struggle if he doesn't make starts....

Good luck to Oxford....great to see a 'new' speedway venture, instead of the usual doom and gloom.

Batchelor is more reliable at this level and I can't see Nicholls level dropping. Heep is on a very low average and Thomas has a lot of potential. It seems a very well balanced team, play off material in my view. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mac101 said:

he had agreed to go back there  then when the team got changed he was out 

Not true, Plymouth offered him a deal but dillon wanted alot more than they offered,then dan gilkes become available on a similar average so it was a no brainer imo.

Edited by lewy
  • Confused 1

Think for a new promotion it's a cracking well balanced team. If my team Eastbourne come up with a team like this in 2023 I'd be pretty happy/positive. Just hope they get the support it deserves. 

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

Think your figures may be slightly adrift

There both 4.00 just checked,and also checked there total and my team calculations were off haha,don't think it's a bad team definite play off contenders. 

Edited by Paddy The Rebel
Spelling

Must admit I'm getting a wee bit excited abut the season in prospect. Supported Leicester last season but now moved to Chippy not far from Oxford so farewell Lions and here I come for the Cheetahs. I really hope the support will be there over the season. The team building looks good and should be rewarded. Just two questions from me.

1. Will there be an Oxford website soon?

What is the planned racing night?

Would be great if Oxford was a success and was followed by a return of  my beloved Coventry Bees. And Swindon and Eastbourne of course.

• Like 1