British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

16 minutes ago, Technik said:

I'm sure that everything has to be inspected at a dog track from the surface to the jumps, the preparation equipment & the kennels this will also involve dog trials to ensure the safety of the equipment.

I'm pretty sure dog trials are nothing to do with testing stadium facilities and the safety of the equipment.   Trials are run to assess the ability and form of the greyhound, so that they can be graded into the correct class of race.  I think every racing greyhound has to complete 3 trials before they can race at a track.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Question for Tecknik. If the speedway starts in April and the stadium owners don't have the stand refurbed what happens to spectator facilities? The greyound side will take care of its self.

Where is it stated that the Grandstand has not or will not be ready in April. In your posts you have said that it will not be open for dog trials in April. & this you have gained from a Greyhound forum. Myself & others have replied to your posts & given you valid reasons as to why the stand would not be required for dog trials. 

9 hours ago, Technik said:

Where is it stated that the Grandstand has not or will not be ready in April. In your posts you have said that it will not be open for dog trials in April. & this you have gained from a Greyhound forum. Myself & others have replied to your posts & given you valid reasons as to why the stand would not be required for dog trials. 

The greyhounds are the primary tenants of the stadium and have said that refurbishing the stand is not viable as they won't use it. I am asking about it being used for the speedway you keep going back to dog trials. I have seen one reply to you and not one to my post. As for your sarcastic comment,  I have been involved in greyound racing for twenty eight years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

The greyhounds are the primary tenants of the stadium and have said that refurbishing the stand is not viable as they won't use it. I am asking about it being used for the speedway you keep going back to dog trials. I have seen one reply to you and not one to my post. As for your sarcastic comment,  I have been involved in greyound racing for twenty eight years.

Have oxford got bags  meeting's  lined up? I believe it's the only way dog racing survive,  I know it's the way it's run at Monmore Green apart from Saturday night .

• Like 1

Bearing in mind that Oxford have no recent crowd attendances to go by, they've taken on some reasonably big earners in Nicholls and Batchelor without knowing how many fans will turn up on a regular basis to balance the books. 

Its great that we have another club back racing but can it be made viable? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Bearing in mind that Oxford have no recent crowd attendances to go by, they've taken on some reasonably big earners in Nicholls and Batchelor without knowing how many fans will turn up on a regular basis to balance the books. 

Its great that we have another club back racing but can it be made viable? 

Hopefully they've done their homework they may well have some decent sponsorship on board , I wish them well this coming season and many more.

• Like 1

Having seen recent photos of the inside of the grandstand, in a totally derelict state, it does not surprise me that they intend to open in April without this in use. What I would be interested to know is whether or not the new promoters intend to erect any form of outdoor seating for spectators, eg as at Leicester?

17 hours ago, lewy said:

Hopefully they've done their homework they may well have some decent sponsorship on board , I wish them well this coming season and many more.

The new promotion have been working on this venture for quite a while now & they are rather good at it ,, just look how Berwick is run 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The new promotion have been working on this venture for quite a while now & they are rather good at it ,, just look how Berwick is run 

There’s only one person at both Oxford and Berwick, Jamie Courtney, and he is not the money man behind Oxford, he’s just fronting it as they need someone with a license

• Like 5

Does anyone have an idea on Oxfords last 2 riders ??.

Not being mischevious, but don't suppose they are holding fire to see how the Poole situation pans out ??

Most others seem sorted. Edinb/Poole we know the not naming  is due to keeping quiet until they know stadium situations are clarified, and Birmingham came late to the party so have had to a degree had to sweep up riders not commited elsewhere already.

Anyone out there maybe with some possible inside info ??

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

There’s only one person at both Oxford and Berwick, Jamie Courtney, and he is not the money man behind Oxford, he’s just fronting it as they need someone with a license

Yeah I know & I never mentioned money as money can destroy a club if it's not run or promoted properly ,,, or there's been 2 much paid out on riders on big contracts (   look at 2018 Workington ) cleaned up then closed down so clubs need to be promoted properly & cut there cloth 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Does anyone have an idea on Oxfords last 2 riders ??.

Not being mischevious, but don't suppose they are holding fire to see how the Poole situation pans out ??

Most others seem sorted. Edinb/Poole we know the not naming  is due to keeping quiet until they know stadium situations are clarified, and Birmingham came late to the party so have had to a degree had to sweep up riders not commited elsewhere already.

Anyone out there maybe with some possible inside info ??

Don’t think the Stadium situation is any thing to do with the Edinburgh situation.

• Like 1

So does anyone have any idea of Oxford's last 2 riders ??

Looking at the final GSA's and whats left I can only come up with maybe Crump ?? and one of Ablitt/Mulford as maybe just squeezing in after taking the 2.5% UK riders discount into effect. Unless I have missed someone.

Still have this feeling that Poole & Oxford will snap one or the other of the 2 promising 17 year olds. Also considering I believe both live in the South.

Does anyone have any knowledge on what may be happening on those last 2 slots ??

20 minutes ago, Matt Davis said:

Last 2 riders announced tomorrow at 7am

Going to be interesting as the 5 announced seems to have a strength in depth feel to it already. May also give us a clue to who Poole will have maybe as there number 7.

Will be good to see how the 7 look compared to Poole as will be good meetings between those 2 I feel this season.