British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

50 minutes ago, Col said:

Saw enough of Jack Thomas at Perry Barr last year to see the potential, the downside is that if the track isn't right (and it often wasn't) he will saunter.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself a question. Should I race hard on a track I believe to be unfit or stay safe to race tomorrow

• Like 2

I'd like to see a new face in the Oxford line-up. There are a few youngsters in Europe that I believe will be ready for Championship racing in 2022. I understand the Poles are to opperate an U24 league but they will still have a squad of which only 7 will race so I think some riders would be better in British racing where they will be in the team each week.

In Denmark Tim Sorensen has been flying under the radar but I think British speedway could take him to the top.

From Sweden Casper Henriksen has been scoring at reserve in the top flight for 2 seasons.

Then there is Petr Chlupac from the Czech Republic he has excellent equipment & is very willing to learn.

Any of these would start on a 5.00 average, Maybe Henriksen would be better starting as reserve but the other two could fit straight into the top 5. 

2 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd like to see a new face in the Oxford line-up. There are a few youngsters in Europe that I believe will be ready for Championship racing in 2022. I understand the Poles are to opperate an U24 league but they will still have a squad of which only 7 will race so I think some riders would be better in British racing where they will be in the team each week.

In Denmark Tim Sorensen has been flying under the radar but I think British speedway could take him to the top.

From Sweden Casper Henriksen has been scoring at reserve in the top flight for 2 seasons.

Then there is Petr Chlupac from the Czech Republic he has excellent equipment & is very willing to learn.

Any of these would start on a 5.00 average, Maybe Henriksen would be better starting as reserve but the other two could fit straight into the top 5. 

Tim Sorensen is racing in the Extraliga in Poland next year, so he certainly hasn’t been flying under the radar. It also excludes him from racing in the UK as he will only be allowed to do 1 other league, which I guess will be Denmark or Sweden.

6 hours ago, Technik said:

The question you need to ask is “Are Oxford a new trading company?” If so you can’t get visa’s for new EU riders for 12 months (Like Poole for Basso) until you have a set of trading accounts.

This is apparently what hammered Newcastle last year as quoted by others. You rely on existing riders from other clubs you want to loam them out otherwise.   

Edited by Brough Diamond
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brough Diamond said:

The question you need to ask is “Are Oxford a new trading company?” If so you can’t get visa’s for new EU riders for 12 months (Like Poole for Basso) until you have a set of trading accounts.

This is apparently what hammered Newcastle last year as quoted by others. You rely on existing riders from other clubs you want to loam them out otherwise.   

Is this just more of the nonsense that was peddled about Newcastle last season?There is nothing in the UKVI regulations to prevent a start up from applying for a sponsor licence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brough Diamond said:

“Apparently “

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brough Diamond said:

A certain regular commentator mentioned it a number of times on the Newcastle thread last year. I’m not involved with the promotion and personally want to see all the clubs in the league do well - hence my mention that it was ‘apparently’ the case. 

You’re not allowed to speak ill of “a certain regular commentator” or else you’ll get three pages of abuse. Apparently :D

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

You’re not allowed to speak ill of “a certain regular commentator” or else you’ll get three pages of abuse. Apparently :D

Yea I know where you are coming from, and not on the Newcastle thread try one on the west coast :D

On 12/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, AndyPresley said:

Tim Sorensen is racing in the Extraliga in Poland next year, so he certainly hasn’t been flying under the radar. It also excludes him from racing in the UK as he will only be allowed to do 1 other league, which I guess will be Denmark or Sweden.

I believe he's signed for the u24 squad which gives him different rules.

He was approached by Redcar last year though so definitely isn't flying under the radar even in the UK!

• Thanks 1