British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Come on then Oxford can you name some riders please.

I know one local sponsor that would be keen to see Nathan Stoneman in the line-up, what would be his average & would he be good enough?

Decent shout for a reserve position, falls off a bit but that's more due to 100% effort and a bit of over enthusiasm IMO.

Type of rider most fans will enjoy watching, living locally too can only be good for PR and everyone likes a local youngster in the team

Personally if he fits and the promotion want to use him I'd have Connor Coles in too, another tryer and also has Oxford connections

• Like 1

So I am now going to follow Oxford as my new club after the closing of Somerset.

Couldn’t bring myself to follow any of the other Championship clubs so a new club is right up my street. Double bonus it’s a lot closer. Still a good hours run for me, but hey, speedway again, can’t wait.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Come on then Oxford can you name some riders please.

I know one local sponsor that would be keen to see Nathan Stoneman in the line-up, what would be his average & would he be good enough?

Nathan's had a couple of cracks at CL and never really cut it consistently.  No doubting he can be quick but often over rides and i think he has his own business now? Also no idea on his recovery from the multiple broken bones he got on IOW?

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Nathan's had a couple of cracks at CL and never really cut it consistently.  No doubting he can be quick but often over rides and i think he has his own business now? Also no idea on his recovery from the multiple broken bones he got on IOW?

While Stoneman has never shown much promise at Champ level, he's only ridden 21 matches over 3 seasons, so not had much of a chance really!

Just now, PirateShip said:

Pirates knock the spots off Cheetahs! :cheers:

I'd have thought that mentioning Poole and Cheetahs in the same sentence, is inviting some interesting comments! :P

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

Well we sent them packing in 2001!

It was a play on words.
But it's not funny if you have to explain it, I guess :sad: