British Speedway Forum

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So if riders like Bickley and Procter became immediately available would you like to see these drafted straight in or would  you want to preserver with what you have

Regards 

THJ

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

And now Proctor and Bickley are available.

Berwick signed a Dane and stoneman, shame we couldn’t get them.

Just like that the Bandits make a couple of changes and so riders become available... next thing you know Aaron Summers will be making a comeback?

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just like that the Bandits make a couple of changes and so riders become available... next thing you know Aaron Summers will be making a comeback?

Regards 

THJ

Heard that whatever they’d offered him hadn’t been enough and he continued to say no… unless things have changed!! 

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Amazing isn’t it !!
I thought he would make a comeback at some point this season with him still being over here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Good on Berwick for managing to find two riders when apparently there aren’t ANY that want to ride in the UK.

Maybe it’s just how you ask the question and what you offer?

Knudsen rides in Poland with Unia Leszno, who often ride on Sunday's.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He rides in under 24 league which is mid-week. Has yet to appear for Unia Leszno. And Kenyan Rew looks to be their first choice replacement.

So not a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bandits4eva said:

Heard that whatever they’d offered him hadn’t been enough and he continued to say no… unless things have changed!! 

The comeback may not be to the North of England... who knows it's just a thought... Bobby Beaton was spotted at Brough yesterday apparently... he couldn't do any worse than what's there already for sure...

The point is more that Berwick are doing what is deemed to be impossible by signing riders and Newcastle have spoken to EVERYONE allegedly... so ether the ones who they are speaking to are genuinly unavailable or they don't fancy coming to a struggling team or they aren't being offered enough to come...  but like the X Files the truth is out there... if they want to share it...

The other thing against Newcastle and like the football team (possibly for differing reasons) there will now be a premium to pay to get riders here (anyone who would be an improvement that is) and the question is (unlike the football team) are the funds there and available to make a move to the Diamonds look attractive...

Well done to Berwick by the way Jonas is a nice kid just keep him off the Brown Ale as he was getting the taste for it when I met him at Brough a few years back...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Think that excuse is wearing a bit thin Steve because if you don't ask you don't find out... Tero has a Sunday team in Poland but gets over here and if that is an issue like I stated above it might be time to stretch the budget a bit and start paying a bit over the odds making a move to Newcastle financially attractive to these guys or you just stay in the rut... and put up with what you have...

Do you try and scramble up the slippery slope or just give in and slide to the bottom.... like the football team with Ashley and Steve Bruce which was going nowhere fast with a stinking reputation it might be time to change direction and I mean radical change not faffing round the edges to try and pull the thing round...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The comeback may not be to the North of England... who knows it's just a thought... Bobby Beaton was spotted at Brough yesterday apparently... he couldn't do any worse than what's there already for sure...

The point is more that Berwick are doing what is deemed to be impossible by signing riders and Newcastle have spoken to EVERYONE allegedly... so ether the ones who they are speaking to are genuinly unavailable or they don't fancy coming to a struggling team or they aren't being offered enough to come...  but like the X Files the truth is out there... if they want to share it...

The other thing against Newcastle and like the football team (possibly for differing reasons) there will now be a premium to pay to get riders here (anyone who would be an improvement that is) and the question is (unlike the football team) are the funds there and available to make a move to the Diamonds look attractive...

Well done to Berwick by the way Jonas is a nice kid just keep him off the Brown Ale as he was getting the taste for it when I met him at Brough a few years back...

Regards 

THJ

Bit like our other American Brent Werner he liked the Nukey Brown

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A heard 'on the vine' last night about Bickley coming in and, on your point about 'team spirit',,, wasn't it marvellous to see the captain take the point off the new guy? :nono:

Don't get paid the point for coming last the new guy should of gone quicker to keep the point 

4 hours ago, Viper said:

So what an absolute shambles that was last night. I can forgive a team for losing to a better one but not one of those lads (Kasper apart) were giving 100%. That may be a tough statement in terms of Lee as he does try but even he seems to have totally lost his way with his home track.

I have tried to be constructive in my posts these last few weeks about where I feel the club can make positive changes, even if it’s difficult to bring new riders in but again we get no management comment either in the stadium or in the press release. The presentation remains poor (and that is not aimed at either Barry or Roy who do their best in the circumstances), the product is shocking and the atmosphere is non existent.

I was first taken to Newcastle in the 70s as a small child and have only missed a hand full of meeting since. I have travelled home and away with the club and spend over a decade volunteering for them. I would classify myself as a speedway nut who would stand for hours just watching a rider practice on track but at this point I feel I have made my final visit to Brough Park to watch this club which is a very sad position to be in. Three generations of my family  attend home meetings at present and not one of us can understand the reason for us sleepwalking into a ultimate demise. The current promotion seem to believe that the only thing they need to do is put on a meeting, that is only one element of running a club and especially when the meeting is of such poor quality then the wider product needs to provide the customers with some value.

There were a number of events last night that have sickened me and I won’t air some of them here for the good of the club but unfortunately the way the club is currently is an embarrassment.

After 40+ years of living for the Diamonds I honestly feel last night was the final chapter for me.

Very sad to hear you have had enough but i understand your feelings.What happened to Grant's ideas of putting fairground rides on and a live band as extra entertainment? Has he just gave up now? Unbelievable how he's in his catering van frying burgers whilst the team on track are in a mess. I really fear for the future of Newcastle Diamonds to finish this season never mind running next season. I respect Rob for taking the club on and in all fairness he had it tough with the mess he was left in and then Covid. I can put up with the team being  poor last season as it was hurriedly put together but no excuses for this season. There was more financial backing but he still assembled a team in which most of the fans knew would struggle from day one. You just can't be competitive with lack of heat leaders and too many gambles on riders. I have heard he's tried loads of riders to come but for whatever reason they have refused. The swap of reserves is never going to improve us it's big hitters we need.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Very sad to hear you have had enough but i understand your feelings.What happened to Grant's ideas of putting fairground rides on and a live band as extra entertainment? Has he just gave up now? Unbelievable how he's in his catering van frying burgers whilst the team on track are in a mess. I really fear for the future of Newcastle Diamonds to finish this season never mind running next season. I respect Rob for taking the club on and in all fairness he had it tough with the mess he was left in and then Covid. I can put up with the team being  poor last season as it was hurriedly put together but no excuses for this season. There was more financial backing but he still assembled a team in which most of the fans knew would struggle from day one. You just can't be competitive with lack of heat leaders and too many gambles on riders. I have heard he's tried loads of riders to come but for whatever reason they have refused. The swap of reserves is never going to improve us it's big hitters we need.

Council wouldn't let him put fairground rides on, is what I heard.  Maybe the Stadium owners knocked back the idea of a band, as it would have prob had to be set up on the Greyhound track(?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Also George can gate a lot quicker than Smith & got in the mix.. Smith was way behind going into the 1st bend & looked like a rabbit in the headlight's.. not knowing what to do! 

When Smith rode for Redcar the one thing he could do was make starts. He looked woeful last night.

• Like 1