British Speedway Forum

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Whiles it's obvious points are being haemorrhaged away at 6 & 7, I'd have thought getting a No1 would have been a priority.

Paying for top quality guests can't be helping the finances and I'm sure the fans want to see their own no1 every week.

Thing is where's the number 1 who can commit to Sunday home matches !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Whiles it's obvious points are being haemorrhaged away at 6 & 7, I'd have thought getting a No1 would have been a priority.

Paying for top quality guests can't be helping the finances and I'm sure the fans want to see their own no1 every week.

I get your point

2 hours ago, highside said:

Whats happened to new signing that we were going to have ?

To be fair Rob Grant said there would be changes for the Leicester match & he isn’t lying .
The change is Kyle Howarth is not guesting at no 1 he is going to ride against Newcastle instead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While Jack Smith for Congreave strengthens Newcastle it's not the change they needed to make to avoid the wooden spoon!

I agree, it might just make the difference to the opposition hitting 59 or getting into the 60’s on there home track 

Granty really is trying to kill Newcastle speedway.a crap team , a crap track, or it will be again soon when the track team get there tractors on it ….wonder what odds granty got that they wouldn’t finish the season.?

.got to feel for the supporters that do all the fund raising for the club,all the hard work the volunteers do and for the riders that actually want to ride for the diamonds(max,wrighty,matty).Best of luck to George .

The only reason this change would make sense is swapping a 4.00 rider for a 2.00 rider to give us more points to play with at the top end... But if that change isn't made within the next week or so then what the hell was the point in that... Jack's no better than George...

2 Matthew Wethers 5.52
4 Max Clegg 5.39
5 Paul Starke 6.27
6 James Wright 5.06
7 Jack Smith 2.00
                                           Total: 24.24
                                                 Left: 17.76

Unless Granty and the promotion can pull a couple of 8 pointers out of thin air or a 10 pointer (A Bjerre type) and a 7 pointer (Ludde or something) then the change was a waste of time...

Plus Matty is now out injured long term isn't he? So even if we did bring in some riders, we've only got a 6 man team still...

I genuinely have never been this uninterested in speedway in the 20 or so years I've been watching it... This club is dead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

The only reason this change would make sense is swapping a 4.00 rider for a 2.00 rider to give us more points to play with at the top end... But if that change isn't made within the next week or so then what the hell was the point in that... Jack's no better than George...

2 Matthew Wethers 5.52
4 Max Clegg 5.39
5 Paul Starke 6.27
6 James Wright 5.06
7 Jack Smith 2.00
                                           Total: 24.24
                                                 Left: 17.76

Unless Granty and the promotion can pull a couple of 8 pointers out of thin air or a 10 pointer (A Bjerre type) and a 7 pointer (Ludde or something) then the change was a waste of time...

Plus Matty is now out injured long term isn't he? So even if we did bring in some riders, we've only got a 6 man team still...

I genuinely have never been this uninterested in speedway in the 20 or so years I've been watching it... This club is dead

I think the signing of Smith shows, no one is willing to come to Newcastle otherwise they would have signed a stronger rider (8.08 was available to replace Congreave). But I do feel Smith will score more than Congreave so it isn't a waste of time. Even if it means they only lose by 18 points instead of 20 in matches?

Not that it matters as I can't see Newcastle using up their spare points, but isn't Jack Smith on a 3.00 ave?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1