British Speedway Forum

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can believe Newcastle are struggling to find a new number one (not needed in my view, as long as they're allowed guests) but find it hard to believe they can't get anyone stronger than Congreve, no offence meant to the lad, but he's clearly the weakest rider in the league & the obvious one to replace!

I don't think it would be a wise idea to replace BWD or Congreve, I'm almost certain that neither would have traveled 12,000 miles from NZ without a substantial financal input from Newcastle speedway. I'd say Mr Grant would be keen to see his investment show some return in the not to distant future.

All the time BWD is on his starting average he's an asset for a "Horses for courses" guest facility whilst he's still on sick note duties

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

What does a 'press officer' do?

Does the previews and match reports and any other stuff (signings etc) relevant to the club, mainly for The Journal.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I have never been Newcastle Speedway Press Officer, so no.  And to make it clear, the current Press Officer has decided to step down (and not been sacked, before anyone suggests it).

Well hopefully they will get someone who actually knows how to communicate with folks.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can believe Newcastle are struggling to find a new number one (not needed in my view, as long as they're allowed guests) but find it hard to believe they can't get anyone stronger than Congreve, no offence meant to the lad, but he's clearly the weakest rider in the league & the obvious one to replace!

you're not wrong but how much more money would a replacement ask for compared to Congreve? 

It's not just a rubbish team because of a lack of riders. It's 3 points under the limit for a reason.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I'd have thought it would have been worthwhile  for the Promotion to have employed a professional with contacts and knowledge of how the media works in order to get the profile of the team out there.

Whole ways for the limited cash to go are numerous surely 'promotion' of the product is important if more folk are needed through the doors?

Look at the teams that are doing well and have increased their income and I'm sure you'll find they all have employed press and/or commercial managers.

But it's the old chicken and egg syndrome, if your struggling you can't/won't pay anybody for help, but if you do and it does not work you loose even more money, speedway is a hard market to do well, and has an older fan base, so going forward got to try and attract younger fans, who may see a good show on TV GP meetings, but then to see speedway at brough park, scunny etc on a cool evening takes a hell of a lot of selling, they are gonna need more than just 15 heats of speedway over 90 minutes.

One thing I suggested to various comets promotion's but did not get taken up, is try to get a local singer/group who has a following, get them to put a few songs on, people may come to watch them, then enjoy the speedway, or the singer/group may get further booking from someone in the crowd for a party etc, then it's Wni win, more people come to speedway, singer/group get a booking.

I know it's not easy but if nothing is tried crowds gets lower speedway folds.

• Like 3

I see a couple of ex Newcastle riders are in the wars, had a video flash up on my phone of a crash involved Rene Bach/Nicki Pedersen from 18th May, think Bach has a broken Femur and Pedersen has broken Ribs and a punctuated Lung according to early reports:(

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Track has officially been approved for racing according to Newcastle twitter :t:

And Facebook:

WE'RE BACK

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS V REDCARS BEARS - TICKETS ON SALE NOW

We're pleased to say that the track has now been approved for racing, and we are ready to get going again!

KIDS GO FREE (WITH A PAYING ADULT)

Sunday 29th May

Redcar Bears

Tapes up 4PM - Gates open 3PM.

Newcastle Greyhound Stadium

https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BRCB

Turnstiles are open on the day.

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who was the current Press Officer who stepped down.?

Lawrence  Heppell I am lead to believe but could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who was the current Press Officer who stepped down.?

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

Lawrence  Heppell I am lead to believe but could be wrong.

Full list of current Officials & Personnel at the club:

https://newcastle-speedway.co.uk/about-us/officials-and-personnel/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

And Facebook:

WE'RE BACK

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS V REDCARS BEARS - TICKETS ON SALE NOW

We're pleased to say that the track has now been approved for racing, and we are ready to get going again!

KIDS GO FREE (WITH A PAYING ADULT)

Sunday 29th May

Redcar Bears

Tapes up 4PM - Gates open 3PM.

Newcastle Greyhound Stadium

https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BRCB

Turnstiles are open on the day.

Well done Newcastle!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well done Newcastle!

Also, dunno if it's been on here,,, Newcastle Speedway are putting on an exhibition at the Northumberland County Show 3rd June. Surely that's a first? Maybe Steve or some other tekky minded person could put up a link to it. Looks interesting.  :)

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Also, dunno if it's been on here,,, Newcastle Speedway are putting on an exhibition at the Northumberland County Show 3rd June. Surely that's a first? Maybe Steve or some other tekky minded person could put up a link to it. Looks interesting.  :)

Does “putting on an exhibition” mean of racing or of bikes etc? If the latter, speedway has been promoted at many different non motorsport events over the years. If the former, won’t the noise scare the horses (and all the other livestock)?

• Like 1