British Speedway Forum

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

11 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Not much dumped from that trailer, it would have hardly bothered an 8 wheeler never mind an artic. I do like the posed pictures.......

Hope the chipped the concrete away or they are wasting their time.Could always places bollards on track to keep riders off it though.!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hope the chipped the concrete away or they are wasting their time.Could always places bollards on track to keep riders off it though.!

I'd have thought it would have made more sense to scrape everything back to the base and inspecting it for curb stones etc before dumping stuff on top.

Guess there is going to be a lot of tyre packing going on.

Can't but think of Bill Bridget boring holes, pouring methanol into them then igniting it. Story goes a member of track staff got a bad burn because methanol burns with a clear flame and the poor bloke didn't see anything.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Official press release using "would of". Absolute pet hate of mine lol

Would of,Could of,If and but and I would be a rich man…

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just read on sgb Congreve was representing GB at an international event in Germany at the weekend. Brings more into question his 4.00 average

Probably should of come on a 2.00 average as not even attaining that at the moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just read on sgb Congreve was representing GB at an international event in Germany at the weekend. Brings more into question his 4.00 average

So was Connor Bailey (described as 'guest' in their pre-publicity) while Austria's Dany Gappmaier was a guest for Germany.  I dont think it was an official meeting in any stretch of the imagination.

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

So was Connor Bailey (described as 'guest' in their pre-publicity) while Austria's Dany Gappmaier was a guest for Germany.  I dont think it was an official meeting in any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah but Connor has committed to representing GB hence qualified as a RS last season, came in on a 2.00 as well. But yes if wasn't official fair enough

22 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Jeez what a bummer having two 'international' meetings running on the same afternoon. Did Bomber Harris have to flip a coin to decide which one to ride in?

• Haha 3