British Speedway Forum

Kent kings are no more ??

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

"only to discover that the delay in receiving a written agreement was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders."

Its not the clearest statement in the world and there are clearly multiple factors at play (including the non completion of fixture fine) but reading the above sounds like Len couldn't get hold of the required paperwork in time to submit his intent to run the 2022 season to the Board. If that is the case then fair enough from Len to not attempt to commit riders when he might not be granted a place in the league, he certainly doesn't tow the line as the mafia bosses would like and it certainly doesn't sound like there has been any attempts to keep him or the club active. Its also pretty telling that there has been no statement from the Board or Controllers wishing a legend of the sport a happy and well earnt retirement.  

Have Birmingham commited to run in 2022. It's all smoke and mirrors to me.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

"only to discover that the delay in receiving a written agreement was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders."

Its not the clearest statement in the world and there are clearly multiple factors at play (including the non completion of fixture fine) but reading the above sounds like Len couldn't get hold of the required paperwork in time to submit his intent to run the 2022 season to the Board. If that is the case then fair enough from Len to not attempt to commit riders when he might not be granted a place in the league, he certainly doesn't tow the line as the mafia bosses would like and it certainly doesn't sound like there has been any attempts to keep him or the club active. Its also pretty telling that there has been no statement from the Board or Controllers wishing a legend of the sport a happy and well earnt retirement.  

Extra time could have been given, surely?  It's happened before.

"it certainly doesn't sound like there has been any attempts to keep him or the club active. Its also pretty telling that there has been no statement from the Board or Controllers wishing a legend of the sport a happy and well earnt retirement"   The lack of comments and statements speaks volumes.

Presumably anyone that does take over the running would have to pay the fine.

The lunatics really are running the Asylum.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 4:57 PM, cityrebel said:

Exactly. These deadlines mean very little. What about Oxford, are they going to be denied a place, if the stadium works are completed on time.

No deadlines have been passed yet for 2022 planning - which raises the validity of one of the key reasons given by LS for his none continuation of Kent.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 1 valve said:

No deadlines have been passed yet for 2022 planning - which raises the validity of one of the key reasons given by LS for his none continuation of Kent.  

I am truly gutted by the news about Kent. Is it something I've done ?  Every club I have supported has closed down.  There its obviously far more to this

end at Kent than has been disclosed. With Roger Cearns owning the stadium and also the Speedway it was a great arrangement. That is no longer the

case. I draw the conclusion that there is a problem with ownership. Why did Len suddenly retire ?  My Speedway visits next year will be few and far between

with Ipswich or Oxford as my choices.  Long way to go. And not much to talk about on this forum.

6 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I am truly gutted by the news about Kent. Is it something I've done ?  Every club I have supported has closed down.  There its obviously far more to this

end at Kent than has been disclosed. With Roger Cearns owning the stadium and also the Speedway it was a great arrangement. That is no longer the

case. I draw the conclusion that there is a problem with ownership. Why did Len suddenly retire ?  My Speedway visits next year will be few and far between

with Ipswich or Oxford as my choices.  Long way to go. And not much to talk about on this forum.

I've had a bad feeling all season about Cearns selling up and new owners coming in. When they didn't want people phoning the stadium with speedway enquiries, the alarm bells started ringing.

Edited by cityrebel

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I've had a bad feeling all season about Cearns selling up and new owners coming in. When they didn't want people phoning the stadium with speedway enquiries, the alarm bells started ringing.

You could almost sense an 'edge' around the place the night that Mildenhall visited....almost as if things weren't quite right. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cityrebel said:

That is a very interesting point that had passed me by.  Seems to show that they are not very interested in Speedway, or, even worse, anti speedway

East End Fan, don’t take it personally, every club I have ever supported has now closed down. 
Even more galling is that many of the away tracks I have travelled to have also disappeared .

The closure of Lakeside was the final straw …..so many good Speedway friends there I used to see every week … many back from days at Waterden Road. 

Different crowd at Kent ….never really the same for me. 
Definitely a speedway star magazine and armchair TV supporter nowadays.