British Speedway Forum

Kent kings are no more ??

If true it must come as a shock to Scott Nicholls as his interview in this week's Speedway Star is all about him looking forward to captaining another Kent Kings 1-7 in 2022!!

Of course the email to Dan could also be a (im)polite way of telling him to look elsewhere for a team place!!?

11 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Bet it's NDL meeting got called off. Heard it's a 5000quid fine . If true they are probably thinking why bother... shambles

If it is dreadful, ***k up the NL and then force a club in 2 leagues out, brilliant!

Just now, gazzac said:

If it is dreadful, ***k up the NL and then force a club in 2 leagues out, brilliant!

Same as happened to Workington. Glasgow got hefty fine as well in 2014. Those are rules unfortunately if don't fulfil you're fixtures.

Really hope it's not true seemed a club with good organisation and good future ahead of it

• Like 1

Like many others I am very surprised by this sad news - I may be clutching at straws but Dan’s Facebook post says that Kent Kings will not be running in 2022 but does not mention Kent Royals - Is Len going National League only? - Again like many others I have really enjoyed my trips to Central Park this past season where we have seen good speedway and sincerely hope that this is not the end - If it is then thank you Len for running these past few years -

Dan specifically says the Kent Kings won’t be running in 2022.

Maybe the accountant has sent the Kings 2022 accounts to Len . Running CL with Scott and Troy must have cost a few Bob. No local derbies exist for Kent in the CL since the demise of EB …crowds seemed no bigger than the usual NDL turnout other then EB fixtures. 

Maybe it’s just a third tier side that will be operating in 2022. ? 

Maybe access to the track with the greyhound people is problematic in 2022? 

Maybe planning permission is again an issue ? 

Maybe Len has decided to take a well earned retirement ? 

All will become clear in next weeks Speedway Star ?