British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2022

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     IMO.

I hate that politics are brought into a speedway forum…….but Hear! Hear! to your statement crescent girl. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

Expect that cynical extra £9 billion from  Westminster may have helped I imagine. Like I say not a fan of either, but Sturgeon is cynical as well, once the pandemic is over, she'll be banging on about independence again, as I say all a bad bunch.

Always said she would follow the science so why 500 fans in a 52000 seater stadium she is not only cynical but dangerous with it.

Not wanting to let go off her control on what people can’t do is her driving force.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     IMO.

Are you serious?? They're birds of a feather. Name me one thing Sturgeon and her hubby did differently from the clowns down south (apart from locking Scotland down even harder than England - with no discernible results - and smashing the economy even more).

And 'posh boys'? Lol. You think the likes of Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvey were born in the ghetto? Don't be fooled by the "my mother was a seamstress" rhetoric from the likes of Labour and the SNP. They genuinely hate the working class. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     

Edited by Endeavour
Amendment.

18 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Are you serious?? They're birds of a feather. Name me one thing Sturgeon and her hubby did differently from the clowns down south (apart from locking Scotland down even harder than England - with no discernible results - and smashing the economy even more).

And 'posh boys'? Lol. You think the likes of Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvey were born in the ghetto? Don't be fooled by the "my mother was a seamstress" rhetoric from the likes of Labour and the SNP. They genuinely hate the working class. 

I’m not an SNP apologist by any stretch but they have conducted themselves much better than Boris and his cronies. The SNP had one MP and one civil servant break COViD rules (that we’re aware of) and they were sacked. Compare that to the circus being conducted at Tory HQ/no.10. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, gazzac said:

Expect that cynical extra £9 billion from  Westminster may have helped I imagine. Like I say not a fan of either, but Sturgeon is cynical as well, once the pandemic is over, she'll be banging on about independence again, as I say all a bad bunch.

Taxes raised in Scotland go to the Uk exchequer. Not a lot of people seem to know that.

Therefore Scots are entitled to financial help from Westminster every bit as much as England. Difference is that in England the additional funding goes direct to recipients, eg hospitality, whereas the Scottish government receives a block amount which would be distributed as they think fit.

13 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

the BSPA site shows no signings for Glasgow… presumably not logged with them yet.

However most of the side seems to be announced.

Exactly who have they signed

As been said several times now. No press release has been sent to bspl hence why not showing on the website. All 7 are signed, sealed and delivered

36 minutes ago, SunnyLeith said:

Taxes raised in Scotland go to the Uk exchequer. Not a lot of people seem to know that.

Therefore Scots are entitled to financial help from Westminster every bit as much as England. Difference is that in England the additional funding goes direct to recipients, eg hospitality, whereas the Scottish government receives a block amount which would be distributed as they think fit.

It was an extra £9 billion over and above I think which I'm  not saying wasn't justified. Maybe need a better person than Sturgeon to administer it. But I'm  not Scottish so up to yourselves really. I'm not anti Scottish and like everyone I've  come into contact with, but think you have a self centred idiot in charge like we have.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Mon guys it's Christmas, can we not leave the C U Next Tuesdays in charge out of the chat?

It is m8 and my whole household have tested positive pity I wasn’t still in Tenerife I could have isolated in the balcony in 25 degree heat with a few beers.

have a good one :t:.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Merry Christmas mate. Hope family all well

To be fair if I hadn’t got tested I wouldn’t know I had it but it is what it is.

I'm sticking to South America for next "deadly variant"....it's virgin territory for scaremongering bull. And I'm also going for next autumn.

Edited by Gazc

11 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Glasgow team now on official GB website

I think there might have been a delay because the team comes in at exactly 42.00, after 2.5% reductions for Brits - and technically it's a few thousandths over the limit.

The Green Sheets are based on averages to hundredths, although I think they have used the thousandth if averages are the "same" and a difference needs to be worked out between, e.g. heat leader/second string/reserve (not possible of course if they've had the same number of rides and scored the same number points).