British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2022

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant the 2003 season not the time in the 80s when he first ride for Poole. :t:

What, BV were looking at signing Adams as well as Crump?! Wasnt John Perrin the BV promoter at the time? I very much doubt he would of stumped up for Crump and Adams in the same side !

22 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I assume you mean he left so that he would have more meetings and therefore the potential to earn more money. I would have thought that a smooth wide track where you can race hard for 4 laps would have also been part of his thinking. But yes totally agree with your sentiments re-some Poole fans. 

Didnt Poole get peeved off cos they said they'd work around his foreign commitments? 

He left cos Glasgow offered a big wad of cash , and cant blame either side. Glasgow have cash to offer and want an almost certain bargain averaged rider and Basso wants as much money as poss.  No problem .

But don’t come on here dressing it up as something else though . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Looking at the final figures now uploaded onto the BSPA website yesterday, Glasgow by my calculation are over the 42 point limit. These figures include the 2.5% reduction 

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looking at the final figures now uploaded onto the BSPA website yesterday, Glasgow by my calculation are over the 42 point limit. These figures include the 2.5% reduction 

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

Bailey and Hume wrong.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

The Glasgow team comes in at 41.99. You rounded some of those up instead of down

Edited by Marksman
No quote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pinny said:

Didnt Poole get peeved off cos they said they'd work around his foreign commitments? 

He left cos Glasgow offered a big wad of cash , and cant blame either side. Glasgow have cash to offer and want an almost certain bargain averaged rider and Basso wants as much money as poss.  No problem .

But don’t come on here dressing it up as something else though . 

I have it on good authority that getting more money didnt enter in to it...

I believe it was solely down to him wishing to sample the different Covid regulations in Scotland..

;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

I have it on good authority that getting more money didnt enter in to it...

I believe it was solely down to him wishing to sample the different Covid regulations in Scotland..

;)

Lol, although bring serious for a min, haven't Denmark got more restrictions than Scotland? 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, although bring serious for a min, haven't Denmark got more restrictions than Scotland? 

I don't think anywhere has more restrictions than Scotland. Sturgeon is round the bend (I'm no fan of Boris or Drippy D for that matter) and i'm fully expecting this latest three week masterplan of hers to turn into another 6 month cock-up same as last year and nobody in Scotland will be able to get into the stadiums until the season is half over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I don't think anywhere has more restrictions than Scotland. Sturgeon is round the bend (I'm no fan of Boris or Drippy D for that matter) and i'm fully expecting this latest three week masterplan of hers to turn into another 6 month cock-up same as last year and nobody in Scotland will be able to get into the stadiums until the season is half over. 

What has the world done to deserve such s**t leaders, in this country with Sturgeon and Johnson,  USA's choice of Trump or Biden,  the short Frenchman plus many others. Ultimately 'we' vote them in, but it's either not vote or a choice of useless candidates. I know it's almost a no win situation at the moment, but we all deserve better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     IMO.

Expect that cynical extra £9 billion from  Westminster may have helped I imagine. Like I say not a fan of either, but Sturgeon is cynical as well, once the pandemic is over, she'll be banging on about independence again, as I say all a bad bunch.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, M.D said:

I just wanted to say that Tom's Mum Sarah passed away this morning..

All at Eastbourne Speedway are at a loss and we are thinking of Tom and the family

RIP Sarah x

So sad, made worse (if it can be) by the time of year somehow.

Condolences to Tom, Martin and all their families.