British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2022

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Exactly it's a term never agreed with. Rider has an average over 20 meetings, that's indicative of their form. Very few of these older guys on way down ever come back up. Ully being exception

Next year will be different, riders such as Brennan with lots of fixtures removed from his rolling ave, so less about current form & can be legitimately called a "false/bargain" average!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Mads Hansen and Marcus Birkemose (not to mention Bastian Pedersen a couple of years after that) might beg to differ.

A top Dane- probably

The top Dane - seems less likely (and Michelsen, Thomsen and possibly Madsen should still be around in 3 years)

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Next year will be different, riders such as Brennan with lots of fixtures removed from his rolling ave, so less about current form & can be legitimately called a "false/bargain" average!

Youngsters improve by and large, my main point was around guys like say heeps this season everyone assumes going to add 2/3 points. Who says that not just his level now?

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Mads Hansen and Marcus Birkemose (not to mention Bastian Pedersen a couple of years after that) might beg to differ.

A top Dane- probably

The top Dane - seems less likely (and Michelsen, Thomsen and possibly Madsen should still be around in 3 years)

Tim Sorensen won Danish U21. Can't be discounted

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Yes, I would think if he has a good year in both British leagues then he'll be doing Poland in 2023. I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on him! 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Youngsters improve by and large, my main point was around guys like say heeps this season everyone assumes going to add 2/3 points. Who says that not just his level now?

Heeps is a big risk in the Prem but a bargain in the Champ in my view! Now so many riders double up, I think things like "if Anders Rowe can show his Prem form in the Champ, he'll be a great signing" other way round for Batchelor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That was before Denmark had Weds as protected race nights. UK was gonna do it for Prem but Denmark got there first and we got lumbered with Mon and Thurs! 

The first season of fixed race nights, the Prem had Mondays & Wednesday's (with Swindon allowed to stay on Thursdays)