British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2022

4 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Wouldn't blame any speedway rider for going after the money! 

They are often owed money &  extremely underpaid when they do get paid.

3x World Champion Woffinden gets paid a poultry £330,000 a year riding for Wroclaw when you compare wot Valentino Rossi earns,  £7million a year. Rossi will probably earn more in his retirement each year than Woffy.

And anyways, wouldn't really call it money wot speedway riders get paid, more like peanuts! 

Bizarre statement saying that 330k a year is a poor wage... 

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Wouldn't blame any speedway rider for going after the money! 

They are often owed money &  extremely underpaid when they do get paid.

3x World Champion Woffinden gets paid a poultry £330,000 a year riding for Wroclaw when you compare wot Valentino Rossi earns,  £7million a year. Rossi will probably earn more in his retirement each year than Woffy.

And anyways, wouldn't really call it money wot speedway riders get paid, more like peanuts! 

Very poor comparison of sports.Moto GP has full Sponsership from most of the Worlds Bike Manufacturers +World Wide organisations.Speedway even in Poland is not Global in that sense.In GB we don’t even have major Sponser.Lawson stating that it costs around £500 to prepare for meetings tells me he is earning decent money,or he should go and find a day job.

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Lawson had a gentlemans agreement with Plymouth but went back on it, not the first and won't be the last,money talks.

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

But it was not about getting more money. Think some fans need to get the facts right . Before posting 

I've not read anything from Lawson or Poole & Plymouth said very little so there's no "facts" to go on! Naturally fans will have to make their own minds up in situations like these!

47 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've not read anything from Lawson or Poole & Plymouth said very little so there's no "facts" to go on! Naturally fans will have to make their own minds up in situations like these!

Was stated he was staying at Plymouth after racing for them after Eastbourne fiasco.

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

GLASGOW TIGERS V POOLE PIRATES

4/06/21

...D.Hume 1',1,0,1=3+1

To infinity and beyond!

Suggest you go on to the Twitter and watch his ride against Redcar. And as said before, his points didn't reflect performance, Glasgow were built strength in depth thus points for lower end opposition at ashfield were few and far between

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

GLASGOW TIGERS V POOLE PIRATES

4/06/21

...D.Hume 1',1,0,1=3+1

To infinity and beyond!

Not a fan of his are you? He'll be fine at Glasgow and I like how fans trying to fit him in at reserve but I think after how well he's done at Poole last season he'll want to start in the 1-5.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not a fan of his are you? He'll be fine at Glasgow and I like how fans trying to fit him in at reserve but I think after how well he's done at Poole last season he'll want to start in the 1-5.

Hasn't Danyon got relatives up near Glasgow as well as his mechanic being based 'oop North' too?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

he will be at reserve 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Suggest you go on to the Twitter and watch his ride against Redcar. And as said before, his points didn't reflect performance, Glasgow were built strength in depth thus points for lower end opposition at ashfield were few and far between

He also scored well for Poole at Edinburgh :t: so he is clearly a good guy as well as being a good young rider. 

Edited by SharpenRake