British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2022

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is Marcin Nowak not going back to Glasgow?

I assume Cook is back who is the final rider, does Broc fit?

Marcin had already signed for Poland before Glasgow's season had finished,  he stated that if he hadn't signed for a Polish team then he would have loved to come back. And Broc fits

Edited by Cookiefan

A very decent team. Will make the playoffs no doubt. But Ostergaard is at the tail end of his career and had an injury. Might take him a little while to get back to where he was, or close to it.

But this is countered by the expected improvements of Basso and Brennan, who I believe will have a breakthrough season. 

Cook and Nicol the other two.  Cook not the rider he was a few seasons ago but still a good scorer at home. Looking at this team against the expected Poole lineup is interesting. Glasgow go with two ageing heat leaders against Poole’s three ageing heat leaders. Glasgows second strings are more solid than Poole’s, but Poole might have a stronger reserve than both Glasgows. (Unless Danyon continues his improvement)

Roll on 2022 and another great season like the last.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

Looks a good side on paper. Should be top 3 looking at teams already announced and rumours of those that haven't. Berwick look good dependant on final signing, Poole no doubt be up there, Oxford too. Plymouth, Leicester, Edinburgh be in around play off picture. Can't wait to April!!

• Like 2

Despite not matching the heat leader power Poole will no doubt shell out for I think this will be the team to beat, the bottom four is far better than anyone else will come up with and there is loads of scope for improvement across the majority of the team.

Could be that first league title that the Glasgow promotion deserve for their hard work. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Despite not matching the heat leader power Poole will no doubt shell out for I think this will be the team to beat, the bottom four is far better than anyone else will come up with and there is loads of scope for improvement across the majority of the team.

Could be that first league title that the Glasgow promotion deserve for their hard work. 

If you throw enough money at a team, some of it will stick. :D