British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

Okay this is not MY fault. Blame @Arthur54 and @gazzac they requested it!!

Poole have agreed terms with 2 Poole riders, so if we are persuaded to move up  who do we think they will be in this league?

Also Philtheace has put Poole on the list of teams potentially moving up..

Edited by lisa-colette

7 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

who are Pooles assets

A lot!! But most don't ride over here now. Also got a few off Rick Frost that included Batch and NKI for example unless they have been sold on now. 

So assets that will realistically ride over here could include both Holder's, Batch (if we still own him, Swindon may have bought him by now!), BK, Basso, Ben Cook. That's from the top of my head. 

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole have agreed terms with 2 Poole riders, so if we are persuaded to move up  who do we think they will be in this league?

I'm pretty certain Danny doesn't want to at the moment.

I personally think it would be financial suicide.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would be interesting to know if one of those is King. If it is, then Poole will remain second tier as I just can’t see King leaving Ipswich. 

Just now, sugarray said:

What happens if the other rider signed has a higher average?

Danny won't be number 1

I asked someone a few days ago who works at Poole whether the rumours were true about the Pirates moving back up and he said as far as he knows Pirates will be running in the Championship with Danny King at No.1.

Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but the person I asked is normally very reliable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I asked someone a few days ago who works at Poole whether the rumours were true about the Pirates moving back up and he said as far as he knows Pirates will be running in the Championship with Danny King at No.1.

Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but the person I asked is normally very reliable. 

If that's true, then that would rule out Steve Worall as he has a higher average now. If we are staying in Champ then I would hope both are back. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends who else they want I guess. If we are keeping Ben Cook, Basso and Hume then be hard to keep Steve as well. Maybe even impossible! 

The Echo article says we are staying in the second tier for 2022. A lot also depends on whether the Rising Star scheme continues with 2 per team and what the points limit is.  Clearly the promoters already have a good idea of what is going be rubber stamped at the agm hence signings being agreed at several clubs already.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Echo article says we are staying in the second tier for 2022. A lot also depends on whether the Rising Star scheme continues with 2 per team and what the points limit is.  Clearly the promoters already have a good idea of what is going be rubber stamped at the agm hence signings being agreed at several clubs already.

Yes, but there have been a few curveballs thrown at AGMs in the past, so you never know!! I must have missed the bit about the league as didn't see it mentioned in the article, so assumed staying in the Champ, others wanted a Poole thread in this section ;) I guess I am just too nice sometimes :D

The Echo 'understanding' they are to remain in the Champ isn't 100% to me. It was hardly quoted directly! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Maybe Ford has asked them to mention it because they want to make a huge deal out of moving back up in a proper press release announcing Ellis & Kurtz as their first two signings

Also would you announce it if you were riding in two finals? Riders might think well I wont get a place in the prem side and that could affect their upcoming performances

Similar to when teams in football suddenly fall away from a play off place, possibly because the playing squad are comfortable there and if they go up they might get shipped out 

Pure speculation of course