British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting read in the latest Echo article they are happy for Hume to go to Glasgow (just not others!;))

Good that they told him early on that he wasn't in the plans. I think riders prefer it when that happens. And only had to wait a day before getting a deal with Glasgow. 

Danyon's not an asset is he?!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Danyon's not an asset is he?!

I have no idea but it was just what was said in the article, that he wanted to come back to Poole and how he was told early on that he wasn't in the plans because of his average and then he did a deal with Glasgow the next day. 

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I have no idea but it was just what was said in the article, that he wanted to come back to Poole and how he was told early on that he wasn't in the plans because of his average and then he did a deal with Glasgow the next day. 

I meant it rhetorically!  If a club has the choice of more than one rider on similar averages for a team place, then they will tend to opt for the club asset if there is one rather than pay another loan fee to another rider's club.

Edited by Skidder1

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I meant it rhetorically!  If a club has the choice of more than one rider on similar averages for a team place, then they will tend to opt for the club asset if there is one rather than pay another loan fee to another rider's club.

Not necessarily true. If the ‘ asset ‘ is not ‘ fancied by the owners then coughing up a few hundred for a rider they do ‘ fancy ‘ then that’s what will happen. There’s also the case of the ‘asset’ not wishing not to ride for his owners, Loads of examples of that in the past.

• Like 1

Still cant find any clues out there as to who our number 7 May be, considering Mulford & Ablitt only seem the realistic options for the berth with what we believe is left to keep us in the points limit.

I noted Skidders comment regarding a non reliable source had mentioned maybe an approach for Ablitt, but bearing in mind many of us worked out the other 6, I thought the number 7 would have been sorted or worked out for sure by now. Also bearing in mind they are the only 2 left from what is available that may stand a chance of staying on the same lap as the established riders with most of the other most promising 2 pointers have already been signed.

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Still cant find any clues out there as to who our number 7 May be, considering Mulford & Ablitt only seem the realistic options for the berth with what we believe is left to keep us in the points limit.

I noted Skidders comment regarding a non reliable source had mentioned maybe an approach for Ablitt, but bearing in mind many of us worked out the other 6, I thought the number 7 would have been sorted or worked out for sure by now. Also bearing in mind they are the only 2 left from what is available that may stand a chance of staying on the same lap as the established riders with most of the other most promising 2 pointers have already been signed.

Does JPB  come in on a 3 

11 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The size of his truck is about right for the shale required at Wimborne Road ;)

You may need more shale than last season when you make the track bigger to accommodate the soccer pitch,allegedly this is what's being planned 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

You may need more shale than last season when you make the track bigger to accommodate the soccer pitch,allegedly this is what's being planned 

so how it was in 80s?