British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

It's the poole thing again, if it had been at Plymouth not a word would be said 

Take the chip off your shoulder I've already said about it being Oxford for pairs isn't fair on northern fans either, be same if was Plymouth, or Ipswich, Peterborough, kings Lynn for that matter

• Like 1

It wouldn't have been my first choice (with no 4's on the calendar I'd have gone for Peterborough, or left it at Sheffield), but it isn't really that controversial. I prefer neutral venues, but the economic necessity is to draw a crowd and I'm sure Poole will do that.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sheffield or Belle Vue is in the north, not the middle of the country.  

Typical southerner, close minded and no concept of the UK at all, have a look at a map for once

Sheffield to Poole 4hrs 16mins

Sheffield to Glasgow 4hrs 26mins

Manchester to Poole 4hrs 38mins

Manchester to Edinburgh 4hrs 11mins

Sheffield is perfect and the closest to the middle possible, Belle vue the second best for fans of ALL teams in the UK

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Take the chip off your shoulder I've already said about it being Oxford for pairs isn't fair on northern fans either, be same if was Plymouth, or Ipswich, Peterborough, kings Lynn for that matter

It's true, the slightest chance to have a go at Poole and people are on it

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

We had the world Cup final in 2004, and that worked fine, fans from Poland, Sweden got there ok, so shouldn't be a problem 

And what a fantastic event it was, though we were robbed by Andersen’s antics at the death.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Typical southerner, close minded and no concept of the UK at all, have a look at a map for once

Sheffield to Poole 4hrs 16mins

Sheffield to Glasgow 4hrs 26mins

Manchester to Poole 4hrs 38mins

Manchester to Edinburgh 4hrs 11mins

Sheffield is perfect and the closest to the middle possible, Belle vue the second best for fans of ALL teams in the UK

And neither venue would attract a decent crowd. Neutral track is no good it will not attract the local crowd in decent numbers. Holding it at Poole guarantees a sell out. The Poole crowd will make up 3/4 of the attendance with holiday makers/other fans making up the rest. Can’t say that of BV or Sheffield who have smaller crowds than Poole.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And neither venue would attract a decent crowd. Neutral track is no good it will not attract the local crowd in decent numbers. Holding it at Poole guarantees a sell out. The Poole crowd will make up 3/4 of the attendance with holiday makers/other fans making up the rest. Can’t say that of BV or Sheffield who have smaller crowds than Poole.

4s has been successfully held at Peterborough for years when most often not been in the championship

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Taking about the 2004 WTC Final…this never gets boring.

Agree.What a race.!!!

The frustrating thing was Rempala spent more time in Poland sitting in the pits as a number 8 ( obviously getting good money )Waste of a talent,was fantastic in his short spell at Berwick.

Edited by Fromafar

4 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m well aware of where Poole is. The best thing about Poole is the ferry to Cherbourg. The PLRC (or whatever nonsense they’re calling it these days) should be at a neutral venue ideally in the middle of the country. Sheffield or Belle Vue would have been perfect. 

Sheffield and BV already have other events, so that counts them out.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Even the Glasgow promotion said Poole was a lovely place to visit prior to the playoffs but you can't help some people slagging off where other live just to get a reaction. 

Yeah true, shame they had to say something factual incorrect to do it though, that's my issue. There is no opinion if somewhere is in the middle of nowhere or not, it either is or isn't. 

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well Peterborough isn't exactly central either. 

No, but as the plrc was held at a more northern track wasn't an issue. Holding all the championship events at the southern tracks is where my issue with the decisions are. Nothing against Poole or Oxford personally just a fact that you're not going to have a mix of fans which is what usually makes these events as enjoyable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree.What a race.!!!

The frustrating thing was Rempala spent more time in Poland sitting in the pits as a number 8 ( obviously getting good money )Waste of a talent,was fantastic in his short spell at Berwick.

Not the same Rempala was it?