British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole been given CLRC for next season! Hard work by the track staff being paid off! :t:

Pretty rotten for fans of northern clubs, hardly be more southern!! Always felt these things should be held at neutral venues personally. Sheffield was ideal, pretty central for most clubs and guaranteed good racetrack

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Pretty rotten for fans of northern clubs, hardly be more southern!! Always felt these things should be held at neutral venues personally. Sheffield was ideal, pretty central for most clubs and guaranteed good racetrack

Sheffield having the final of the summer competition!! Oxford got the pairs. 

Sheffield not really central for southern clubs, would have to be a Midlands club like Wolves.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, eric i said:

I am not sure how many fans will want to travel to Poole, strange choice.

It will be packed. Poole fans alone fill the stadium.  Add in fans from Elsewhere and the stadium is capacity.  A fair track that racers love and it should be a great event. And Trackerman on here now looks after the track. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sheffield having the final of the summer competition!! Oxford got the pairs. 

Sheffield not really central for southern clubs, would have to be a Midlands club like Wolves.

We got pairs taken off us cause wasn't suitable for all clubs crowds not what expected. Ah hadn't seen that part. But with both champ finals being Poole and Oxford bit harsh in the majority of fans

Just now, Jaizer said:

You realise our owners are bankrolling team GB yeah?

No, can't say I have looked into the Glasgow owners too deeply! ;)

Poole have hosted the Prem one a few times and seem to be well attended. But I guess there are more northern teams in the Champ, we shall see! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

No, can't say I have looked into the Glasgow owners too deeply! ;)

Poole have hosted the Prem one a few times and seem to be well attended. But I guess there are more northern teams in the Champ, we shall see! 

It's the reason why we have held test matches last 2 seasons and assume look to hold one next season too.

Pairs might be ok as night before Cardiff and Somerset was always well attended. As a stand alone meeting, obviously be well attended by home fans but not the only thought in these decisions.

Of course we don't know who else volunteered to hold it if anyone so there's that as well

• Thanks 1

Poole are trying/looking into streaming more next season, I'm sure that was said somewhere. So could well be! 

They were quoted as bringing streaming in house rather than use an outside company that was not financially viable.  

38 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It's the reason why we have held test matches last 2 seasons and assume look to hold one next season too.

Pairs might be ok as night before Cardiff and Somerset was always well attended. As a stand alone meeting, obviously be well attended by home fans but not the only thought in these decisions.

Of course we don't know who else volunteered to hold it if anyone so there's that as well

Also hadn't it been at Sheffield for years and everyone used to moan about it and why it couldn't be at different tracks each season, so now it is!:D

Poole could have also drawn the short straw ;)

Also hadn't it been at Sheffield for years and everyone used to moan about it and why it couldn't be at different tracks each season, so now it is!:D

Poole could have also drawn the short straw ;)

Think only 1 year I had complaint about Sheffield when was set up for stead and Compton, far too heavy. Other than that was always good imo

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Well prepared race track at Poole now, hence why they've been chosen for it :t:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

In the arse end of nowhere though. 

Think you will discover Poole is the gateway to the  world renowned Jurassic Coast, and along with Bournemouth is the UK’s premier holiday resort with 7 miles of golden sands.  A mecca for the rich, with lots of famous sports stars past and present living here.  A beautiful area that attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists every year. (Sometimes way too many as was seen in tv last year)

Hardly the arse end of nowhere, considering we are just 90 minutes from London.

• Like 1