British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Not sure about Kemp, he may have hit a plateau. 

Seems to be behind Brennan, Palin, Flint and Rowe now in terms of CL and I can see others like Gilkes, Edwards and Thompson twins improving too. 

2022 will define whether Kemp is going to be another promising youth who hits a 6 point CL ceiling or kicks on to be a bona fide heat leader. 

I can see Brennan, Palin, Flint and Rowe doing that, not convinced Kemp is going to. 

If he's coming to Poole he will definitely kick on 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Not sure about Kemp, he may have hit a plateau. 

Seems to be behind Brennan, Palin, Flint and Rowe now in terms of CL and I can see others like Gilkes, Edwards and Thompson twins improving too. 

2022 will define whether Kemp is going to be another promising youth who hits a 6 point CL ceiling or kicks on to be a bona fide heat leader. 

I can see Brennan, Palin, Flint and Rowe doing that, not convinced Kemp is going to. 

As Kemp is averaging below 4, he needs to improve to be able to reach a 6.00 ave first - then we can see if that's his "ceiling"

I think he should up his average, but am also surprised he hasn't done that already as he was a future superstar it seems at 15/16!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Oi! Don't tar us all with the same brush :t:

Tbf they didn't say 'all', they said 'a lot'. Which is amusing as doubt they even know 'a lot' of Poole fans. Even if you count all the Poole fans on here and on social media, it probably equates to 5% of all Poole fans, so their statement is pretty laughable imo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf they didn't say 'all', they said 'a lot'. Which is amusing as doubt they even know 'a lot' of Poole fans. Even if you count all the Poole fans on here and on social media, it probably equates to 5% of all Poole fans, so their statement is pretty laughable imo.

Fair comment Lisa :t:

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Kemp is probably one of the most over rated British riders for a long time. 

I think your being slightly unfair on Kemp, yes he might not have kicked on as much as people thought he would but he's only what 18/19? Give him another couple of seasons if he's still floating around on a 3+ average then I think you'll have more of an argument. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

He just a young lad starting out give him a break 

Hasn't really lived up to peoples expectations of him , hes had 2 full seasons of Championship racing under his belt and hes not improved that much as yet, maybe initially over hyped and put under to much pressure to fulfill his potential and either he or those managing him have not given or applied the advice given  , getting away from Ipswich for next season may help him to move forward and return to them a much better rider

1 hour ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

2022 is a make or break season for him.

At 19-years-old it's hardly a "make or break season for him". Look at John Louis, Craig Cook and a whole host of others who entered the sport late. At least wait until he's 23 or so before writing him off as a lower or middle order rider.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, proud panther said:

Liked your previous post, as it was funny, but can't work out why you have become aggressive towards Steve ?

Must agree. I usually find Steve's posts interesting and he invariably has something worth saying. His reports on matches and his summing up of riders performances are always worth reading as was the blog re. his trip to Glasgow for the Playoff Final. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

2022 is a make or break season for him.

Not sure that's true Bassoon. Young Kemp must be a talent for the Pole's to be interested. Guessing at the moment he rides big tracks in Poland better than the smaller and perhaps more technical tracks in the UK. that's strange as Ive seen him ride for Kent and Mildenhall, did he also ride for Kent?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Not sure that's true Bassoon. Young Kemp must be a talent for the Pole's to be interested. Guessing at the moment he rides big tracks in Poland better than the smaller and perhaps more technical tracks in the UK. that's strange as Ive seen him ride for Kent and Mildenhall, did he also ride for Kent?

Would take him at Edinburgh.

• Like 1