British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

If Poole want to build a team with 3 x number ones! I for one would certainly love to see a team of 7 Brits!

Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Richard Lawson 8.51
Danyon Hume 4.88
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Drew Kemp 3.72
Jason Edwards 2.11
Total 41.93
Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Richard Lawson 8.51
Ben Cook 5.31
Zach Cook 4.40
Drew Kemp 3.72
Ablitt / Mulford 2.00
Total 41.98
Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KingoftheTrack said:

Hope Basso is in your 1-7 as well.

Would help us and the rider out being surrounded by people with a winning mentality in both leagues.

I really don't think he will be, unfortunately we just ride on the wrong weekday for him! I can see him being a temp replacement if someone gets injured though and works with his fixtures. 

Glad he's got fixed up in the Prem though, be interesting to see how he does! :t:

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Is he really that good or just entertaining because he's mad?

Just first couple of meetings I had to watch behind my hands! lol. Definitely exciting to watch and just don't know what he's going to do. Can gate, can pass. Def has the potential there. And he knows it's important to ride in UK instead of going straight to Poland, so commitment is there imo. 

Edit- look at his scores at Edinburgh and Glasgow, considering they are completely different tracks and first time there. 

Edited by lisa-colette

48 minutes ago, Flappy said:

What was he averaging despite not getting an official average?

No idea! I never really thought about it tbh. Whilst riding at 2 he got 5, 4, 5, 10, 4, 1, 6, 6. Then when he went to reserve he got 7, 7, 13, 8, 6, 9. I don't know how many rides it's from, I'm just looking at Poole riders individual scores from the season at the back of the playoff final programme! lol. The teams he faced when at reserve were against Leicester, Glasgow and Edinburgh, so not many easy rides! 13 was at Edinburgh so should be okay at Wolves..? Although he did say he found it difficult there. 

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No idea! I never really thought about it tbh. Whilst riding at 2 he got 5, 4, 5, 10, 4, 1, 6, 6. Then when he went to reserve he got 7, 7, 13, 8, 6, 9. I don't know how many rides it's from, I'm just looking at Poole riders individual scores from the season at the back of the playoff final programme! lol. The teams he faced when at reserve were against Leicester, Glasgow and Edinburgh, so not many easy rides! 13 was at Edinburgh so should be okay at Wolves..? Although he did say he found it difficult there. 

Looks a little too many meetings there Lisa!

• Haha 1

But as we know points don't always reflect the true picture of a riders' ability/potential.

Basso on his debut at Redcar won his 2nd ride after a zero first time out. He not only won it but won it by a straight in the fastest time of the night! Quality Quality!

Edited by PirateShip