British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

Hopefully next week we will see sum fixtures appearing for the play offs & Jubilee Final.

Although there seems to be sum in fighting around the dates for the Jubilee. Mr Dickson isn't happy re: Speedway Star.  Makes you wonder if they av considered how they will decide any overall aggregate level score.

I av visions of this not being thought of & a massive delay while arguing the pros & cons of every scenario.

Think I would go with who scored the most away points at each of the level club's tracks. If that's level then the most away points scored at both away tracks. If that's level then Golden Heats? 

Dunno, I think I need a coffee & rest after sending me noddle all kerfuffled! :D

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Hopefully next week we will see sum fixtures appearing for the play offs & Jubilee Final.

Although there seems to be sum in fighting around the dates for the Jubilee. Mr Dickson isn't happy re: Speedway Star.  Makes you wonder if they av considered how they will decide any overall aggregate level score.

I av visions of this not being thought of & a massive delay while arguing the pros & cons of every scenario.

Think I would go with who scored the most away points at each of the level club's tracks. If that's level then the most away points scored at both away tracks. If that's level then Golden Heats? 

Dunno, I think I need a coffee & rest after sending me noddle all kerfuffled! :D

Because Leicester won't get the final leg. The fair way is if the team who got the most points in their regional table should have the final leg. ;):D

20 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Leicester wanted to race their leg of the Jubilee Final tomorrow (Saturday) but according Dickson neither ourselves or Glasgow wanted to know according to what he said in this week's Star.. So it would appear Leicester are happy not to have their leg as the final as the importance of having a bank holiday fixture was the priority.

Ermmm.......yes I can see why your saying the team that got the most points should have the (option) of having the final leg with the ;). But maybe the better way to say it would be that we are unbeaten in the competition ;) :D  Thing is all this is now being looked at in hindsight so maybe the only fair to resolve it is for Middlo, Brown  &  Dickson to draw balls.......anyone get a pencil & paper?  :rofl:

As I previously suggested just take the average match scores of each team to give the priority to choose. It then doesn't matter if youve ridden 4 meetings or 6.

20 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Thing is all this is now being looked at in hindsight so maybe the only fair to resolve it is for Middlo, Brown  &  Dickson to draw balls.......anyone get a pencil & paper?  :rofl:

The promotions had a meeting on the day of the pairs at which they decided to scrap the one off final and each have a home leg.  The sensible thing to do would have been to arrange dates at that meeting.  

As the one off final was scheduled for Sunday 4th September you would have they would arrange meetings over that weekend. But no doubt some riders have Polish commitments 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Leicester wanted to race their leg of the Jubilee Final tomorrow (Saturday) but according Dickson neither ourselves or Glasgow wanted to know according to what he said in this week's Star.. So it would appear Leicester are happy not to have their leg as the final as the importance of having a bank holiday fixture was the priority.

Ermmm.......yes I can see why your saying the team that got the most points should have the (option) of having the final leg with the ;). But maybe the better way to say it would be that we are unbeaten in the competition ;) :D  Thing is all this is now being looked at in hindsight so maybe the only fair to resolve it is for Middlo, Brown  &  Dickson to draw balls.......anyone get a pencil & paper?  :rofl:

I don't know why we couldn't? Means Lawson not guesting for Scunny though! 

50 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Yes you could that :t:

Problem with hindsight suggestions, outside of drawing names out of a hat, is that the three clubs will work out if it favours them before agreeing to it. 

If your suggestion which is plausible or others like it were agreed prior to the competition starting then no probs but of course at that point is was a one off final.

So I dunno, is it possible for the three clubs to amicably agree dates. Maybe someone at the BSPL should have the balls and say the meetings must take place in the week commencing...... with the official race night being used for the home leg of each club hence:  Weds Poole   Friday Glasgow   Saturday Leicester.......??????

Will stuff us up tho :rolleyes:

Well Danny Ford is a BSPL Director so lets see?!

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't know why we couldn't? Means Lawson not guesting for Scunny though! 

Lawson guesting for Scunny at Redcar tonight. Saturday, he is guesting for Bomber at Berwick against Scunny.