British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Teams now announced and its a Poole v Peterborough match up to get the Pirates season started.

Poole

Steve Worrall; Drew Kemp; Richard Lawson; Adam Ellis; Danny King; Ben Cook; Zac Cook.

Peterborough

Michael Palm Toft; Hans Andersen; Scott Nicholls; Ulrich Ostergaard; Peter Kildemand; Jordan Palin; Nathan Ablitt.

plus Bjarne's final laps; Upright races and Juniors.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

What are the teams please.

28 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i just assumed the two lowest average riders would have to be at reserve ray

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

They are 4th and 5th in the averages so can't see that happening 

if you go back to bagpuss post thats how the teams are for bjarne meeting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

if you go back to bagpuss post thats how the teams are for bjarne meeting 

Poole can't use Ablitt at reserve 'cos they've lent him to Panthers for the night!!  Its 'only' a Challenge meeting for Bjarne's benefit so anything can be agreed between the 2 clubs.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

The next edition of the new PirateCast Live programme is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday 3rd March when a Pirates legend will be joining the 2 boys - and its LIVE...!! (or you can catch it afterwards on You Tube on your TV, Tablet or Smartphone).

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The next edition of the new PirateCast Live programme is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday 3rd March when a Pirates legend will be joining the 2 boys - and its LIVE...!! (or you can catch it afterwards on You Tube on your TV, Tablet or Smartphone).

Bjarne then ;)

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So only 4 weeks to go to P&P day on 25th March plus a quiznight and auction in aid of Riders Equipment Fund (R.E.F.) in the evening.

R.E.F. is a strange concept. You have professional speedway riders being given money to buy the tools of their trade with the money coming from fans through such event as an auction. Would there be an auction to raise money if you were a professional carpenter and broke your saw. I know all the arguments about rider's costs but that's another issue and I know R.E.F. is long established and perhaps harks back to the days when the riders were semi-pro...I also felt the same about spontaneous collections if a rider was fined by the ref.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, Bagpuss said:

It's personal choice though......if people don't want contribute then don't. Same as when Bomber did GoFundMe the other year and people whinged. For those that do then it's all good.

Didn't know about Harris and his GoFunder and I understand your point about it being personal choice. However, the fact that the fans are being asked to help pay for a rider's tools for the job says a lot about Speedway and its standing – just about rock bottom. It's too expensive for the riders and too expensive, in general terms, for the fans. Maybe not £10 admission but not much more....and £3 for programmes. Economics of the madhouse.

4 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Didn't know about Harris and his GoFunder and I understand your point about it being personal choice. However, the fact that the fans are being asked to help pay for a rider's tools for the job says a lot about Speedway and its standing – just about rock bottom. It's too expensive for the riders and too expensive, in general terms, for the fans. Maybe not £10 admission but not much more....and £3 for programmes. Economics of the madhouse.

The Poole REF raise money to give riders assistance when they get injured, crash or have damage to machinery.

• Like 2