British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

You are literally confirming my comments that Poole change riders all the time which therefor there's definitely an argument to say they don't put together great sides at the beginning of the season, You are embarrassing yourself time and again on this thread yet seem to genuinely believe your some sort of guru, You're not in anyway and the fact you continue in such an arrogant manner sums you up 

Changed one rider last season, so hardly 'all the time' 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Exactly no arguments there so why cant Poole put together a good side to begin with?

Poole went through the whole 2021 season unbeaten at home from their starting 1-7 to the 1-7 that lifted both trophies!!

Good from start to finish I'd say.............

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole went through the whole 2021 season unbeaten at home from their starting 1-7 to the 1-7 that lifted both trophies!!

Good from start to finish I'd say.............

So did a couple of other teams and they have fair race tracks 

39 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

So did a couple of other teams and they have fair race tracks 

I think you will find Poole were the only team with a 100% home record last season, plus most riders go well round Poole because its a fair race track 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

You are literally confirming my comments that Poole change riders all the time which therefor there's definitely an argument to say they don't put together great sides at the beginning of the season, You are embarrassing yourself time and again on this thread yet seem to genuinely believe your some sort of guru, You're not in anyway and the fact you continue in such an arrogant manner sums you up 

What a complete :icon_smile_clown:  No idea whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I think you will find Poole were the only team with a 100% home record last season, plus most riders go well round Poole because its a fair race track 

As long as I have supported speedway , every home fan will tell you that their track "is a fair race track" . :-) :-) :-)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm gonna be the spelling police again! lol. 'Praise' as 'prays' will be taken the wrong way ;) Like they are praying the track is okay, which is what I did before the Brum meeting ;)

I'm glad you picked it up before the village idiot :t:

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I see the new Danish Speedway website (see International section) has Adam Ellis listed as a rider for Grinsted, confirming that he isn't available for any Wednesday tracks in British Speedway.

Think he was signed a while back skidder,  that's why I said he would not be riding for any Wednesday track. 

27 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think he was signed a while back skidder,  that's why I said he would not be riding for any Wednesday track. 

Has he signed or just said he will sign (re Richard Lawson!) If a rider can ride 2-3 meetings per week in the same country they must be £s better off than chasing top dollar in different country's.

Has a speedway rider ever been punished for "ripping up" a signed contract, or any promoter for the same offence?

I don't think many speedway riders ever seek the advice of their accountant when choosing which team/teams to sign for.