British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So looking forward to returning to Cowley for this one. Poole fans used to gather together on the 3/4th bend.

That may be different now?! I know the pits have been moved to the back straight - not sure of other changes......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 12:24 PM, Skidder1 said:

It suits him, his young family and mechanic to be based at a Northern club.

Oh that is surprising considering I met his dad at Leicester last season and he said his family live in Buckinghamshire. Maybe he prefers to ride for a Northern club so he doesn't have to help his dad with his business!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Oh that is surprising considering I met his dad at Leicester last season and he said his family live in Buckinghamshire. Maybe he prefers to ride for a Northern club so he doesn't have to help his dad with his business!

He has a son in Glasgow

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sugarray said:

As far I was aware it was never on the cards.

Quite a few Poole Town FC fans were saying they wanted to go back to their 'spiritual home' on their unofficial fans forum!!

I'm really interested in learning where exactly in Poole there is a large enough site to develop a 'football, leisure, educational and recreational' complex, if as stated its not at Poole Stadium???

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Quite a few Poole Town FC fans were saying they wanted to go back to their 'spiritual home' on their unofficial fans forum!!

I'm really interested in learning where exactly in Poole there is a large enough site to develop a 'football, leisure, educational and recreational' complex???

poole stadium center of town :t:

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Would have made a lot of sense though, that way stadium is used all year round, can't see how it can servive with just speedway 

the stadium was a graveyard for football  as it stands i was a regular supporter in years gone unless speedway goes cant see football ever returning 

• Like 1