British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You can always put me on 'ignore'!  Although you seem more interested in Poole than your own team Plymouth.

Club fans should blow their own trumpet whenever there is an announcement by their club. As Poole are one of the clubs that don't go with a 'main sponsor' then this forum and others can create extra exposure for those organisations that give their financial support.

Definitely not more interested in Poole, just don't feel the need to announce every single thing that goes on at Plymouth, but we are fine thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Why do you feel the need to post every time a sponsor renews:shock: if everyone did this for their club the forum would go into meltdown  only Poole fans seem to feel the need to blow their own trumpet. :nono:

It the Poole thread to be fair......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, daz9100 said:

Another great chat with Middlo from the Piratecast lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRb9LIZ1eNk&t=80s

Next PiratecastLive broadcast is scheduled for Thursday 24th March at 7pm - with another special guest from the 2022 squad.

Should be another good show with extra fan interest from a Premiership club!!!!.............:t:

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Next PiratecastLive broadcast is scheduled for Thursday 24th March at 8pm - with another special guest from the 2022 squad.

Should be another good show with extra fan interest from a Premiership club!!!!.............:t:

I,ll put it in my diary :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Now that Adam Ellis has signed for Birmingham, will he still ride for Poole in Bjarnes meeting, being that Birmingham are riding the same night 

I believe not. I think a guest for Ellis and also for Kildemand (injured) but still to be confirmed.

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Would have had Adam over Greebo. Younger, more potential over a rider not the most popular at Poole and passed his best.

Yeah quite agree, perhaps we might see the best of him, with riding the track every week 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Idk. The way Scunthorpe fans talk about him puts me off tbh. 

Yeah he made no effort using old machinery and just pulled up if he didn’t make the start. In my opinion his attitude stinks,  you really wouldn’t think he’s a British champion that’s for sure ! 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Would have had Adam over Greebo. Younger, more potential over a rider not the most popular at Poole and passed his best.

I find your references to Richard Lawson as ‘Greebo’ to be completely out dated and unnecessary. Please change the record now.

• Like 3

I had to look Greebo up. Apparently “assigned that title by trendies and rudes”. Sounds about right. Definition as follows:

A greebo is a person who listens to
rock/punk/metal music and doesn't follow fashion
trends.
They don't usually class themselves as being a
greebo but are assigned that title by
trendies/rudes. Some of them may look quite
threatening but generally they are all around nice
people and they resist starting fights or arguments
with people who do follow trends. However, if you
were to ask one if they had anything against
trendies or rude boys their answer would seldom
be 'no'. Almost all Greebos have some kind of
disliking towards trendies mainly because they
make their lives hell. Abuse is hurled at them when
they walk down the street and they frequently get
the crap beaten out of them for absolutely no
reason other than the fact that they are different.

Think some people are stuck in the 70's/80's when greebo was a term for a person who liked heavy rock music, much like being called a headbanger i suppose, funny thing is im sure Lawson had actually had his hair cut short last yr compared to how long it used to be a couple of yrs back, he can't win with some people coz if he had it shaved off he'd then he called a skinhead:P

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So we are using nicknames from half a century ago. Dear lord! Maybe just support him til he gives you something to complain about! Hopefully it will opposition fans complaining he is winning too many races!:P;)

To many old fuddy duddy's who just like to moan for the sake of moaning, nowt changes:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1