British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

7 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What do Poole Speedway  charge for car parking at Wimborne Road ?

Gaming International - not Poole Speedway - charged £2.50 per car on speedway nights. They run the car park on behalf of the Council as part of the stadium lease. The car park is used for office workers, shoppers and hospital workers during the day.

Edited by Skidder1

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No, I think the greyhound people get the money from the car park...? 

Isn't it the lease holders(Osbourne-Clarke) that get the money? Surely the greyhound people are similar to yourselves, a 3rd party?

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Gaming International - not Poole Speedway - charged £2.50 per car on speedway nights. They run the car park on behalf of the Council as part of the stadium lease. The car park is used for office workers, shoppers and hospital workers during the day.

Which was the point of my question.:t:

Artical in this week's speedway star saying team complete but no announcement untill rental issues are sorted, which have been delayed due to Xmas and Matt ford having issues traveling from/to france,. Looks like he's bringing money back in a brown bag when he travels :D

39 minutes ago, Neila said:

Artical in this week's speedway star saying team complete but no announcement untill rental issues are sorted, which have been delayed due to Xmas and Matt ford having issues traveling from/to france,. Looks like he's bringing money back in a brown bag when he travels :D

Gonna be a while before anyone can travel between France and UK atm. As long as he doesn't go by Eurostar! ;)

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Having seen pictures of those dinghys crammed full of young military aged men from Africa and the Middle-East I'm not sure there would be enough room for him and all his equipment.

Besides, salt water isn't good for speedway bikes.

Do owners normally transport the bikes around with them then? ;) Probably could use one of those 10ft high nutcrackers he has outside the chateau as a boat for one! :D

14 hours ago, Neila said:

I think any brown bags are far more likely to be going TO France rather than from!!!!?;)

Browsing on championship pages, noticed that someone on Redcar thread wishes that Glasgow and Poole should both move up as we are stinking out the championship with our desperation to win at all costs, although Glasgow haven't won league since 2011 and KO cup 2016. We are the 2 most hated teams in British speedway,  jealousy is a terrible thing. Looking forward to our rivalry next season

24 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Browsing on championship pages, noticed that someone on Redcar thread wishes that Glasgow and Poole should both move up as we are stinking out the championship with our desperation to win at all costs, although Glasgow haven't won league since 2011 and KO cup 2016. We are the 2 most hated teams in British speedway,  jealousy is a terrible thing. Looking forward to our rivalry next season

it was me, mate - i wdnt swap with anyone, not jealous at all its just my time of the month

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Ha, I think we have had since 2003 at least. We are well used to it! It's worse for us in the Premiership!