British Speedway Forum

Poole 2022

31 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I thought Oxford already had a promoter? The name Courtney was being bandied about before but I wasn’t sure if it was Sean, Scott, Jamie or even Mark. But I’d guess it to be the one who lives closest. As long as it’s not John. That would be totally farcical. And not at all honest :D

Sure it's not Courtney Love? :wub::party:

19 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hi Skidder

Wasn't aimed in your direction :).

My comments were aimed more at could the promoters have already agreed on structure/points limits & if any changes to if 1 or 2 rising stars for season 2022. Also the fact that so far Zach has not been named in the 5 named Plymouth riders which a bit of a surprise (if he was staying) considering how low his GSA is, and the fact they have 2 rising stars named in the 5 so far. We all know Zach is a potential upward mover on that 4.40 GSA. His Poole guest scores alone prove that plus he improved in the later part of the season. Let's hope we can get him ;)

My only concern on the legal battle was if like many UK legal situations it dragged on well in to 2022 which not great for the Club/riders or us supporters.

I am sure Danny/Matt have things well in hand.  I am soooo glad I was wrong in how things were going at one stage earlier. So pleased I was wrong big time :D

Knowing the points limit and rising star situation would make the close season name next seasons team game much more interesting and better :). I mean for those of us not so close to any inside info ;).

Some other clubs have indicated the points limit to be 42 for the full 1-7;):t:, with '2021 rising stars' having their true average (less the 2.5% British discount)

I would guess (and it really is a guess) that the 2 riders who have 'agreed terms for 2022' are the Cook brothers! This may or may not be confirmed later today................

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So with a 42 point point limit Poole could track the same team with obviously the absence of Rory and finding a replacement for him. 

If you take Rory out, how much is left to replace him? Also are you including Zach Cook in this team or Stefan Nielsen? ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

Don't think it will have any effect on Poole crowds to be honest.  The Poole crowds got bigger as the season went on and long may it last. Also think sorting the track out as helped better the racing keeps the fans happy let's be honest that's what we all go for.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Won’t make a scrap of difference. But will bring a decent amount of Oxford fans to Poole when they are not racing at home that Wednesday.

Yes, there were a few Oxford fans at Poole most weeks this season, so should generate biggest crowd for regular league meetings at both tracks. 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

Poole is a lot closer to us (we live near Southampton) than Oxford so I suggest probably not :t:

We've been Poole supporters for life, never considered Oxford as it's a heck of a trek, especially mid week!

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2